1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Philly will beat the Fakers.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by j-bone, Jun 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j-bone

j-bone Member

I know this isn't the right forum to post this, but since it's on the topic of basketball, I figure I'll throw this out there. I think Philly has a good shot at beating the Fakers and they will. I think we get so caught up in the media saying that the Fakers will run the table an be considered as one of the best teams ever and then we get brainwashed and start believing it also. Personally, I know for sure that the Bulls team that went 72-10 would squash the Fakers. But getting back to Philly, I like Iverson alot and think that the little guy has so much heart and desire and a will to win. I just wish Cato came from the same mold as Iverson (Ijust had to insult him somehow). Now don't get me wrong, I would love to see Francis, C-Webb, and Mobley popping champaigne and kissing the trophy will Rudy says "Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion" in his raspy voice. But Iverson has turned into the type of player that we love. The guy never quits. Philly have alot of x-factors that must come up big (McKie, Snow, and even Geiger, because Mutombo will be in foul trouble). I know Kobe will get his spotlight but it won't come easy because McKie is a big physical guard who won't back down. Here's the two main reason for the Fakers downfall: Kobe will be playing against the mvp of the league (you know he will try to outduel Iverson and show why he's better); Kobe will be playing in his hometown of Philly (you also know that he will try to impress his childhood friends).....and what will all of this do? Piss off Shaq. I guarantee that the Shaq-Kobe fued will be resurfaced because Kobe will revert to his "selfish" attitude. I just think this is the Iverson year to prove all of critics wrong and so far he's doing it. But if the Fakers win I will be the first to admit that I was wrong but I think Philly will pull it out.

------------------

2. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Then why did you post it here?

Mango

------------------
    Get it right or just don't do it!
    Resistance is futile....you will be assimilated.
    Start more Webber threads!

3. Valio!

Valio! Member

yes...hello...may I speak to the forum police please...no, I can't hold...this is an emergency! Need a thread moved to NBA Dish right away!

------------------
    "The difference in this (tied) series has been Dikembe Mutombo" - Bill Walton

4. Greg#3

Greg#3 Member

I think that Philly has a good chance of at least taking a game or 2 from the Lakers but I'm not sure if they can beat them for the title. The reason Philly will give them a series unlike the Port, Sac, or San Antonio is because of defense. Aaron McKie will play good D on Kobe abd Mutombo will get physical with Shaq. Meanwhile, Iverson, who I'm just starting to like just little bit will give it all he's got for sure. Philly is hungrier, will go to war every time they go onto the floor, they have homecourt advantage, and most importantly 2 guys that can slow down Shaq and Kobe. But in the end, Phil Jackson is 7 for 7 in the NBA Finals, and I'm pretty sure in 2 weeks, he'll be 8 for 8.

------------------
    President of the (the Rockets first pick in the draft) fan club.

5. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Since this whole BBS is on the topic of basketball, and since you don't seem to care that this isn't the right forum, I figure I'll just lock this up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.