1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Epiphany regarding Webber Deal......

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROCKET!!!, Jun 3, 2001.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The Kings want to save cap space. I read that somewhere. So I don't see them swinging a deal for Outlaw/Doleac/whomever else.

Fizer isn't Webber, but the Kings played well without him anyway. Fizer is better than people give him credit for. He played very well when Brand was moved to center. The Bulls still talk crap about Fizer playing the 3; but the truth is plain enough: he needs to be moved and can fetch something in return. And we can help the Bulls in that regard, as well as help the Kings, and ourselves.

Take the #4 out of the Epiphany---isn't she on Destiny's Child?---and do something like I mention, IF Webber agrees.

------------------

2. ROCKET!!!

ROCKET!!! Member

ROXTXIA,
    I made a slight adjustment to the offering to da Bulls with their 2 - 2nd round picks owed to us (Bryce Drew trade).

Do you beleive that Vancouver would be inerested in sneding us their #6 pick if we give them #13 and our first rounder next year?

ROCKET!!!

------------------

3. ROXTXIA

Considering Oeilpere's small revelation in the thread about the #23 pick in the Draft Forum, confirming my suspicion that Morris is laying low so the Rocks can draft him, I'm guessing we're keeping either #18 or #23 for Morris and dealing one or two of the other picks. I honestly don't know if we wanna move up now.

Of course, we could still move up with the other two picks. But 13 and 18 (or 23) might not be worth too much. Cleveland won't deal. The Grizz have less incentive to deal now. Detroit...well, we've seen how they operate, and I think they'll deal their pick later for Outlaw and Doleac (Toronto or Orlando will wind up with the center drafted at #9). Boston might move into the top 5 in order to get Gasol; so will we move up? I don't think so now. Just my opinion.

What does anyone else think?

------------------

4. ROXTXIA

You might move Cato/13 for Fizer, the latter for Webber, if Webber wants to come here (and his options are dwindling), but forget that #4 pick.

------------------

5. Live

Live Member

ROXTXIA,

NOW THAT SOUNDS NICE, Cato/13 for Fizer! I really think Fizer, once he gets some experience of course, is going to be an excellent pro. It wold be hard for ME to move Fizer if I obtained him, even for Webber.

------------------

6. ROCKET!!!

ROCKET!!! Member

ROXTXIA,
    All in all, however I would still like to move up in the top four. At least we would have a shot at Griffen, Brown, Curry, Diop, Richardson or Battier.

ROCKET!!!

------------------