1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Possible Rocket Trade.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by saleem, Jun 4, 2001.

Tags:
  1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

If Chicago lets Brad Miller go,I think we should pick him up and and package Haywood(13th pick) with Brad Miller for Lafrentz.

------------------

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Why?

------------------
    "Light travels faster than sound, so some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak." -- Brian Williams (now Bison Dele) commenting on Isiah Thomas.

3. saleem

I don't think the Rockets will get the "impact big man" that they are looking for with their lottery pick,Loren Woods is quite talented but is too thin as a center.Denver might be willing to take a player with size like Haywood who can replace Kevin Willis and Brad Miller might be able to take Lafrentz's place.
    Lafrentz is a good fit for us with his shooting and rebounding,and can also is a good scorer who might be able to take some pressure off from Cato.
    If Webber and Mo don't sign with us, Lafrentz could be a useful fit,because there is a possibility that Randolph,Bradley and even Murphy might not be available with the 18th pick.Richard Jefferson is a player that I like,and probably will be gone by the 18th pick,but we can probably get Wallace and Morris with our two other picks.

------------------

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Good follow-up. Should've put all that in the original post. [​IMG]

Are you sure it works capwise?

------------------
    "Light travels faster than sound, so some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak." -- Brian Williams (now Bison Dele) commenting on Isiah Thomas.

5. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

I would love to see LaFrentz in a Rocket uniform. He seems like a guy who will really strive under the new zone, and if I'm not mistaken, makes very little money. Wasn't there a deal for LaFrentz on the table at the trading deadline?

------------------

6. saleem

I'm not sure if it would work cap wise but I think it might be close.I hope someone could help me out with that.

------------------

7. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

The problem with that trade scenario is that the Rockets are not allowed to pick up a player and then use him in a trade. A team must wait around 60 days at least before it can trade a new acquisition. Plus, I don't think Miller would come here if he knew he'd only be packaged in a trade to another team.

------------------

8. saleem

I was aware of the 60 day period,but I think
    BimaThug is right,Miller probably won't come here if knows he is going to be traded,even though he could be a good fit with the Nuggets with the above scenario.

------------------

9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

brad miller may not have a say in where he will end up, because chicago can pick up the rest of his contract with thier team option.

------------------