1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

'You can't play soft' quote MDA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeBeards, Mar 9, 2020.

1. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

It was all about efforts on defense, and then offense.

2. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

You can’t coach soft either

3. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

finger pointing game

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

F*** you Mike.

You can't play like it's Game 7 of the NBA Finals every game either.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It ain’t the coach.

DD

DeBeards, D-rock, cheke64 and 5 others like this.
  6. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Timberwovies are a soft team…lets beat them
    Otherwise…no excuses anymore.

AroundTheWorld and Tfor3 like this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I've seen the new look Timberwolves play. They are better team than the bad teams the Rockets keep losing to. oh boy.

DeBeards likes this.
  8. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

T lue can help

9. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

I thought so 1 week ago, but their ups n downs ever since landing Russell make me full of doubt.

10. BigBum

BigBum Member

Rockets player really need GPS to know where to play defense.

No teaching at all. House and mcLeMore plays like 18 years old rookie on defense.

They are 27 years old?

DeBeards likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

https://www.si.com/nba/rockets/news/pj-tucker-rockets-look-in-mirror-losing-streak

"I think everybody has got to look in the mirror," Tucker told the media after the Rockets' loss to Orlando on Sunday. "It’s easy to point fingers and say that this guy does this, or we’re not doing this, and everybody has a solution. I think at the end of the day, if everybody takes care of themselves and coaches themselves, then we’ll be fine."

Both Tucker and James Harden have cited effort issues over the last week, and those same problems came to a head against the Magic. The Rockets were once again beat on the boards, but even more concerning was their defense on the perimeter. Harden and Co. provided little deterrence at the point of attack, allowing Markelle Fultz, D.J. Augustin and Aaron Gordon to get to the rim at will. After a menacing defensive start to the Robert Covington era, the Rockets have backslid in recent weeks.

"I think we’re second guessing ourselves a lot of times. There’s no swagger, we’re passing up threes, we’re driving in because we missed so many threes." D'Antoni said postgame. "We need to take the shots. We need to take the threes. Even if we miss it, so be it, but we need to play the way we play."

alethios, DeBeards, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Effort issues? I wonder who that could be.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

When has MDA's team ever known for their toughness.

Milk muh freakin hair has a better rep for that.

opposite of soft = hard

PLAY HARDER

Yeah, it's on the players, but give me a break when they're not the deepest team for what they're trying to do.

DeBeards likes this.
  14. BigBum

BigBum Member

Suns had 7 top tier 3 pointer shooters under MDA. Suns were soft.

6th to 9th man is the problem. Players are the problem.

DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  15. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

As early as we could get our problem exposed and solved, could see any chance move on; the above quote makes MDA looks soft, think what pop gonna do? Cleared the bench whenever starters played like sh*t or lack of motivation.
    That's the difference between excellent coach and championship coach. 'Iron wrist' always better than good man.
    Now obviously there are some drama in the locker room. I believe there were conflicts came up after Celtics game. Should we got draymond kinda players, at least there were the vocal one or someone speak up.
    No just a merely 3pt draught, no leadership (even make critical tiebreaker in playoff look doomy)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Mike d'antoni can't develop bigs.

Tyson Chandler has a ring so can't really say d'antoni is doing a good job with his bigs!

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not soft at all, telling it straight IMO. Rockets are not shooting 3's like they were during their win streak and 3's not falling has nothing to do with opposing teams packing paint.

In fact packing paint makes those 3's even more wide open.

Rocket players are 2nd guessing themselves after Knicks and Clips loss as well as in shooting slump. Their lack of effort on D makes me believe even stronger about theory that confidence is shot because switch everything defense is all about effort.

#17 D-rock, Mar 10, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
  18. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

I dunt wanna make a fuss about yet, dunt wanna get panic to bring about issues say rebuilding, our coach firing or sending away harden for picks. We still get chance.
    But imho…
    Now the question is we are a 1st-2nd rounder? a contender? Or a championship caliber?In CF forum, different ppl setting different bars for this team and quarrel/arguing with based on different visions.
    But personnel-wise, 4 losses speaks volume:
    1. Leadership vacuum (mj n Kobe never allowed his team lost in this fashion…lose to worst teams 15-20pts w/o a way out), even LBJ gonna act like this:

(thats the instinct born to be, not swagger to be)
    2. A span of 4-5 games characterizing with 3ball shooting draught too long to believe we have kinda personnel equipped around the core to sustain the micro ball, in addition to efforts issue (in playoff, only 7 games n played in 13 days, against elite teams even a 1.5 game 3ball draught is unacceptable )

Till now, i hate to believe, but this year, we are a qualified 1-2 rounder, unless any magical happened.

p.s.
    I answered 3ball woe issue separately in your post.

#18 DeBeards, Mar 10, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

I still believe buddy.

5 Out and switch everything can beat any team (or lose to any team). Puncher's chance is better than our chances earlier this season and even last season.

Looking forward to Lebron demanding to guard Harden, it will be a bloodbath. Harden has roasted him 1 on 1 last 5 seasons.

smp and DeBeards like this.
  20. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

What about Amare and Diaw? Also it’s not like he was doing a bad job with Capela. I wouldn’t say he can’t develop bigs, but he certainly has a preference in the types of bigs he likes maybe?

D-rock likes this.