1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Bernie Sanders for President thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Feb 19, 2019.

1. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Are you ok with the current price hike for colleges and universities. That is the problem. They are the problem. No write offs for students who agreed to receive a student loan. That is their responsibility and theirs alone.

Andre0087 and jcf like this.
  2. jcf

jcf Member

This is worth reading. According to the article, the increased tax burden is disproportionately felt by the middle class and upper middle class. In other words, Denmark, Norway, etc. don't just heavily tax the biliionaires or even the 1%, they tax the hell out of the regular joe.
    Because Bernie points to Denmark as an example that it can work. The article points out the downsides of making it work.

Bernie may have a different marginal tax rate that he is using during the election process, but he hasn't demonstrated that the math remotely works.

That is the value of the article. "Free" stuff comes at a cost. And you better figure on being among those paying for it.

Corrosion likes this.
  3. MiddleMan

The Polling site I went to was discreet. After scanning the ID/DL they told me to choose the primary to vote for on the small tablet. That was cool. But if this happen in SC like it happen to you, then I can understand why SC flop and went to Biden.

cml750 likes this.
  4. cml750

cml750 Member

It was the embarrassment that anyone would ever associate me with the ****show that is the democrat party. You can talk about integrity all you want but I think you realize how dangerous Bernie and the "everything will be free and someone else will pay for it" philosophy truly is. That type of ideology needs to be sent back into the darkness where it belongs. The best way to do that is with a resounding defeat at the ballot box. I hate to break it to you but Trump is going to win come November. If you dislike Bernie you should want him to be the one Trump defeats rather than another candidate you really like.

5. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

You don’t realize how much people hate Trump dude. Get off it. Just because you and your friends hate Democrats doesn’t mean everyone feels the same as you. We hate trump as much as you hate Bernie. Stop being naive please. Republicans and democrats hate each other these days, and especially polarizing figures like Bernie and Trump. Stop assuming your candidate has it in the bag; he lost the popular vote to Hillary for god sake.

6. MiddleMan

How many people are in debt from donating money to a church? How large is their loan to donate to a church?

7. MiddleMan

I know a lot of democrats hate Trump. They won’t vote for him, but guess who is the group that will decide the President. Independents. I bet they don’t want to get taxed more.

jcf likes this.
  8. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Wish in one hand, s*** in the other and see which fills faster. At the end of the day, the best rule of thumb is to vote for who you like or who you can live with. Trying to do long division like “hmm this guy will probably lose to my guy so I will vote for him even though I hate him, etc” is all just voodoo nonsense. The general election should be down to the two best (or least harmful) nominees and may the best man win. If Trump isn’t good enough to beat certain democrats then you just have to live with being wrong

9. MiddleMan

Bottom line independents will decide the winner. Taxation will be a huge deciding factor. Healthcare 2nd.

10. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

The 2015/16 Republican debates were worst than this yet it seems everyone has forgotten what a cluster**** it was. I believe Bernie is a good person that generally wants to help the middle and working class. I can't say the same for Trump. If it came down to it Bernie would get my vote everyday of the week and twice on Sundays. If elected almost none of his policies would pass Congress so it's irrelevant how "dangerous" he is. At the very least we can stop Trump's onslaught of confirmed judges and start getting more liberal ones appointed not to mention preventing appointment of anymore conservative supreme court justices. At the most we get medicare for all passed, tax increases on the top 5 or 10 percent of earners, and a major infrastructure overhaul.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  11. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

How many churches are started just for the tax benefits? How many pastors need congregation money for their own private jet?

MiddleMan likes this.
  12. MiddleMan

Yes I agree, I only donate I don’t tithe. Transparency and oversight. That will come from each church goer.

13. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

The mainstream you consume is not ALWAYS true.I seldom take the time to do research for you , as it takes more time than the mainstream line, but ok you can start with this.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...rican-voters-reuters-ipsos-poll-idUSKBN20J2J9
    Garbage in garbage out even though your intelligence is fine.

It is why back in the day you fell for the Iraqi wmd scam.

#1953 glynch, Mar 1, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
  14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Dude the party you bootlick for nominated a dude who said Ted Cruz's father killed JFK and doesn't understand the difference between life and health insurance.

"So pre-existing conditions are a tough deal. Because you are basically saying from the moment the insurance, you’re 21 years old, you start working and you’re paying $12 a year for insurance, and by the time you’re 70, you get a nice plan. Here’s something where you walk up and say, “I want my insurance.” It’s a very tough deal, but it is something that we’re doing a good job of." -DJT

15. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

delete.

#1955 glynch, Mar 1, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
  16. Major

Major Member

This is amusing...

"Dont listen to the mainstream media... oh, here's a Reuter's article for you".

Also, perhaps you never learned math, but 26% of African Americans voting for you does not constitute a 50-55% majority. It consititutes... 26%.

Garbage in, garbage out indeed. You don't seem to be able to even understand the things you read and link to.

17. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

SMH at people participating in ELECTION FRAUD at the direction of the POTUS. I would ask how they would feel if the shoe was on the other foot, or how they think our country's founding fathers would feel about such a thing, but I have a strong suspicion I would be wasting my time.

Andre0087 likes this.
  18. MiddleMan

Response for the attacks from the far left on Potus even before he was elected President and tenure. It’s a resonanting middle finger to them.

19. MiddleMan

March 3rd. California and Texas going for Sanders, not Biden, not Bloomberg. It’s a wrap.

20. Major

Major Member

I don't think you understand how Democratic primaries work.

Jayzers_100, MiddleMan and Andre0087 like this.