1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we becoming a nightmare for all the teams in the league?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 疯狂伊文戴德蒙, Mar 1, 2020.

1. 疯狂伊文戴德蒙

We abandoned the center. We played five tough dwarfs. Our opponents always mistakenly think that they can use big men and energy youth to destroy our paint area, and we always give them a tough and fierce response on the defensive side. We have PJ and James in the paint area. Their strong physique can fight against post up of most big men. On this basis, Russell, James, PJ and Cov are all 1.5-2 steals per game. Every time the opponent enters our paint area, he feels like losing the ball right at any time. Here I have to say that I really love Cov!!!I think that as long as the opponent's attacking route passes through his defensive coverage area, it seems that it will be interfered by his defensive pressure, maybe it will be destroyed out of the sideline, maybe it will be successfully stopped and forced them to reorganize their offensive tactics.

On the offensive side, after Clint was traded, we seem to have completely occupied the active side. We have two powerful MVP level attackers, and we have a large number of shooters who can open space(McLemore is Playing a career high 3-point percentage and 3-point percentage). The opponent always seems to be passive when facing us.

double team Harden (?)
    Harden ISO (?)
    stop Russell (?)
    Freeze our shooters (?)

In front of our opponents are these four cups of poison wine, and the wrong choice will pay the price.

On the whole, we have a very high fault tolerance rate. As long as we operate normally, it is difficult to lose.

2. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Five tough dwarfs indeed :D:D:D
    [​IMG]

love our team

3. riko

riko Member

It’s definitely a pick your poison scenario

Tfor3, rhee, D-rock and 5 others like this.
  4. 疯狂伊文戴德蒙

Five tough and brave men!!!:cool:

Tfor3, D-rock and Roomba like this.
  5. macan

macan Member

the only team that worries me a bit is the Bucks. but still we will see if they can really stop us in the next meet up.

Tfor3, sammy, robgue and 3 others like this.
  6. Le$$

Le$$ Member

They are getting fustrated with russ, you can tell haha. Harden just chillin out there. Its great thou maybe harden may go nutts in the playoffs, this way he can save the best for last.

Tfor3, rhee, Sanctity and 3 others like this.
  7. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    five tough dwarfs (left to right: RoCo,Tiiiicker,EGo,Da Beard,Brodie)

#7 DeBeards, Mar 1, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
  8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I expect Westbrook will become the main target of opposing defenders. They will try to force him to commit more turnovers and tire him out by attacking him offensively.

This will free Harden up. Westbrook will catch his second wind on an off night.
    Practice remains the key to our success.

9. 疯狂伊文戴德蒙

I've roughly calculated that the average of Russ's last ten games is about 36+8+8:p

Harden: 35+6+7
    Russ : 36+8+8
    The opponent's defense strategy will collapse because of the existence of harden and Russ. Which one should be focused on???!!!

Remlap and Tfor3 like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Welcome back, Dedmon breh.

11. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

5 tough dwarfs is an awesome name

Tfor3, D-rock and BaselineFade like this.
  12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Boston with Kemba Walker gives them a better chance

When the Warriors began their run I said you have to fight Fire with Fire.

Only the teams that can put out there a competitive lineup of death can match us.

Nice having two former MVP’s handling the ball.

Tfor3 likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nightmare or just Death.

Boring death....

Tfor3 and hakeem94 like this.
  14. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Yea It’s prettty damn cool how we have 3 guys in the top 10 In steals again(Covington, Westbrook, harden)

Before it was harden, Paul and Ariza. So disruptive!

#14 Rodman23, Mar 1, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
    Remlap, Tfor3, D-rock and 7 others like this.
  15. JW86

JW86 Member

I don’t think we are scaring anyone nor presenting a serious problem yet, but once we get a run going with everyone healthy and set rotation, then maybe. I don’t think the Bucks nor Clippers have anything to worry about though..those games will be the most important ones left. Clippers coming up next week :)

疯狂伊文戴德蒙 likes this.
  16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This dude is spittin'!!!

Rocket River

17. ribbit

ribbit Member

Don't worry about the Bucks. Nobody there has skills.

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Celtics, Bucks, and Clippers are the only teams I think that are really built to defend us. Everybody else has to hope we miss our 3's.

19. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Yes, 疯狂伊文戴德蒙

yes, we are

20. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Yep. We're a nightmare.Whats even more scary is that we have a lot of room to grow before the playoffs. And what's even more scary is that most teams know that they will have to remove their centers to even try to keep up.

This nightmare is starting to remind me of the one on Elm Street. You want to wake up from it but you can't. It doesn't matter how much you scream or cry, in the end all that you can do is just lay there and die. Russ, Harden and even Roco are taking turns playing Freddie on the entire league.