1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mark Jackson is slower than a 90 year old on crutches...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tierre_brown, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

but rest assured that Marc will never wear a headband or any kind of knee pads... he would be too afraid of being confused with "old YMCA basketball guy"

... you know, the out of shape guy, smoker, with a beer gut that plays at the Y once every two weeks. He busts out his headband, his knee brace, and goggles.

He plays offense by running to the three point line and calling for the ball - and plays defense by fouling anyone that trys to take him inside

[​IMG]

2. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

3. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

No man, it is The Wizard of Oz

4. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

if the drugs are good enough anything will work...

for instance, i ate 6 grams of mushrooms and synced up apololypse now and that avril lavigne record - its too perfect to be a coincidince. when "complicated" comes up and they are searching that boat and end up killing everyone cause that one vietnameese girl tried to save her dog...

why did ltn. willard go and have to make things so complicated?

5. AGBee

AGBee Member

Exactly, didn't anybody actually read the entire post?

6. robbarnett

robbarnett Member

They both work, Alice is better, trust me. Start the cd at the start when the cat first appears...... ;)

jo mama, actually, it worked once with Aesop Rock and a Rockets game so you are probably right. :D

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I take it some of you geniuses didn't get the point of the story.

8. Hmm

Hmm Member

That he has gimpy ankles? :confused:

9. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

Mark Jackson eating at Chili's ??? I guess he's down to Earth.

10. tbui

tbui Member

JIm Jackson is pretty slow too!

11. HoustonForever

MJ might be slow, but he's still one of THE SMARTEST POINT GUARDS to play game. He seems to imparting his wisdom onto the other Houston guards. That is a tremendous asset.

12. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

A person insulted Mark Jackson, saying how slow he was, etc... without realizing that Jackson was sitting behind him and he could hear the whole conversation. This all took place at Chili's.

13. Kyrodis

Kyrodis Contributing Member

Did some of you just read the title and respond without even reading the post? Good Lord....

14. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

Damn, sorry, I just thought with the 3 day break between games ya'll would like to hear about a funny thing that happened to me. But, since all you want to do is call me an idiot (WITHOUT READING THE POST), I guess we'll just go back to the regularly scheduled I hate _____ threads.

15. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Don't worry, I read it. :)

I am surprised that a certain someone didn't post "Fake story" in here.

16. Kyrodis

Kyrodis Contributing Member

I thought the story was pretty hilarious :D

17. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

I got your back, tierre_brown. And consider this: there were over a thousand views to your story. Most readers probably enjoyed it. Only a few had a negative reaction and decided to share it.

18. Fuzzybear

Fuzzybear Contributing Member

One year of lurking, all over just to rub it in...
    As usual my posts are long, so I warned you.

So tierre and I argue about everything basketball related, and sometimes just to egg him on, I'll argue with him about something I frankly don't care about as much. Generally, our conversations flow like this:

Tierre: "JVG can't use Yao! Let Yao go high post and mix it up!"

Me: (While agreeing with him in my head)
    "LOW POST!"

Tierre: "HIGH POST!"

Me: "Yao SUCKS!"

Tierre: "WTF?"

Me: "HIGH POST!"

Anyways, of course we have our moments of genuinely solid argumentation. The incident at Chili's, well... not so solid. I of course had the pleasure of baiting tierre into multiple arguments before we even arrived at Chili's and then agitating him until the topic of Mark Jackson came along.

Of course this would all be that much more awesome had I KNOWN Mark Jackson was there, which would have inevitably led to multiple proclamations of, "COURT VISION! COURT VISION! 2nd ALL TIME LEADER IN ASSISTS!"

Instead my friend (literally less than 3 feet away from Mark Jackson at the time) gave him much more than an earful. Here is more or less our conversation with quite a few edits and emphasis on his bad comments:

Tierre: "Mark Jackson is SOOO Overrated!"

Me: "?? He's really not THAT bad."

Tierre: "He's the slowest player in the NBA! He couldn't guard my mom!"

Me: "Well, most of his defensive mistakes don't turn into points, or break down our defense horribly, and I think he more than makes up for it on offense. He's at least 20 times better than Moochie."

Tierre: "My SISTER is better than Moochie!"

Me: "Point taken."

Tierre: "Everyone here who DIDN'T LIKE THE MARK JACKSON signing, RAISE your HANDS." (No one raises except tierre) "Oh, COME on!"

Well, that's about all I can remember from our conversation, of course we had four people at the table, one who didn't join the conversation and one who helped defend against tierre's onslaught. We also had a good clutchcity reference in it as well.

Upon leaving Chili's, tierre ran away "like a 90 year old on steroids" (he had injured his ankle playing basketball), and I had the pleasure of meeting a smiling Mark Jackson. He had the kind of look that said, "I know, I know, but I could whup all your buts."

This is for you Tierre: "REDD SUCKS and so does AK! But I still got your back."

And for all of you who don't read the post before replying, "*******."

19. farhan007

farhan007 Member

:D

20. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

tierre_brown,

Keep posting. I was a good read!