1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking News: Henson to Cowboys

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by SamFisher, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

OK...I always find this strange.

A TON of people I know root for both Dallas and Houston (whether it be Oilers or now, Texans).

Most people I know had a favorite if they happened to play each other, but other than that, would root for both.

My biggest dream was to have an all Texas Super Bowl.

(A dream that was close in the early 90's had the Oilers not blown it).

I probably would have rooted for Dallas in that game, but if either won...whatever.

It is the same now...I want the Cowboys and the Texans to be the best teams they can possibly be...and if they play each other, I might lean towards the Cowboys...but in all honesty, I'll probably just root for whoever has the ball.

2. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

I'm sure there are many, just like I know several people who root for both the Mavericks and the Spurs. But there are also plenty of folks who don't root for both. And there are plenty of smarmy Cowboys fans (just like there are of just about any team who's had some degree of success).

3. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I guess you are right.

I do think that if I hated the Cowboys, or if I hated the Texans, or whatever, that I'd want them to do well if they played in a different conference. That way, if you put a good team together, you might get them in the Super Bowl.

I just want an all Texas super bowl in my lifetime.

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I wouldn't mind seeing an all Texas Super Bowl (played in Houston of course). However, I still cannot root for the Cowboys. In those years without a team in Houston, my favorite team was WHOEVER IS PLAYING THE COWBOYS. I didnt' care who it was, and still don't. It's just one of those things. I don't like the Cowboys. I never will. I was so disappointed when they won the 1 game they won to avoid going 0-16. To me, the perfect season would be a 19-0 Texans team (that includes the playoffs) AND an 0-16 Cowboys team. Yes, there are some that can root for both teams. I simply am not one of them.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

you have a lot of company, leroy! :)

6. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

Yes, I do know that, and I dont understand what your problem is here.

When I was younger I rooted for the Oilers... they were just in a way my AFC team.... I started out rooting for the Texans too. I was all into the expansion draft (even taped it) and checked the paper everyday for updates. When the Texans beat the Cowboys, I was a little upset, but I didnt really get THAT upset until the next day when I talked to people and read about it. Most Texans fans were such douchebags about it all that it turned me off from the whole group. Im not putting all texans fans into this group because that would be like putting all the dumb hick Cowboy fans and normal Cowboy fans into the same group.... the needless hatred was just ridiculous and it turned me off to the whole franchise.

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

drew --

there are few who take a middle-ground on the cowboys...it's sorta love 'em or hate 'em. you should take that as a compliment, frankly.

to many they are like an evil empire. to me, they need not do anything more than be associated with dallas for me to dislike them! :D

i'll readily stand up and say i was probably one of the douchebags...i freaking hate the cowboys...and houston beating dallas in its very first game before a screaming, maniacal crowd was not only statewide vindication..it was vindication from all the bullcrap reports from years earlier that houston couldn't support an NFL team...which was just a joke.

8. leroy

Uh, there's normal Cowboy fans?

:D Sorry, couldn't resist.

9. leroy

Hey, I heard Drew Henson got traded! :p