1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

According to the article, LA and Detroit are both very interested in drafting Ye Li

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by oliver_67, Mar 15, 2004.

1. MFW2310

MFW2310 Contributing Member

I've always hated the word Mandarin (actually I don't even know where it came from). What they call Mandarin is the standard tongue, accepted in China as representative of the Chinese pronounciation.

Cantonese is ONE OF HUNDREDS of local dialects in China, it's importance is FAR OVERSTATED in the US because most Chinese people in the US are from Guangdong province. It's the same language everywhere in China with the exception that pretty much every place has it's own pronounciation (hence dialects). The reason for this is, 2000 years ago, China was several hundred different races and only after the first unification of China was the language (along with measure units, currency, etc) first integrated.

The written words are the same as well, with the exception of the traditional and simplified scripts. The traditional scripts are the way it was written; the simplified scripts are what it became when the commies decided the language was too hard to write. People from mainland China uses simplified although most recognize traditional. Chinese people in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore and abroad mostly only recognize traditional scripts.

2. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

She lives in China right now?

3. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

yo... codell, don't freak out. i don't know any more than you do. all i'm saying is: if Ye goes to the comets that's great. but if she goes to the shock or the sparks... well i mean that's not going to HURT the pistons or the lakers will it?

i just don't think that this will all have ZERO effect on what yao is going to do. it may be small, but it's something.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The chances of it having any effect on Yao's future with the Rockets are less than the chances that the NBA will pull the plug on the financial disaster that is the WNBA within 2 years, which are at least 50/50.

5. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

i can accept that.

look the rockets are turning into yao's team, i'm sure he appreciates how jvg is trying to mold the team around him. hence he will likely stay if he is loyal. all i'm saying is people like to work where their girlfriend / spouse works, so that will be something yao will think about. maybe it won't be a major factor though.

6. bigfan612

bigfan612 New Member

LA and Detroit's plot... Regarding Yao Ming

Yao Ming's girlfriend, Ye Li, is entering WNBA draft. She is good enough to get drafted based on her own merit. But she is attracting extra attention because of her boyfriend. Rumor has it that LA Sparks and Detroit Shocker might try their best to net her before the Comets get their hands on her. The reason is obvious...