1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SHAMS] Rockets waive Gary Clark

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jan 7, 2020.

1. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

The Rockets aren't in jeopardy of facing the repeater tax UNTIL the 2022-23 season AT THE EARLIEST. And that's only assuming they pay the luxury tax this year and the next two seasons after.

Avoiding starting the clock on the repeater tax (which requires teams to be in the tax 3 out of 4 years) and "flexibility" are the two most often used excuses by cheap owners/management/pr to fool their fanbase.

Gray_Jay, Richie_Rich, Nook and 6 others like this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

6'6 - same height as House, and Clark shorter than Thabo, Gerald Green, Iso Joe, Ennis, Ariza, Luc, Dekker, Harrell, Nick Young, Artest, Antwan Jamison, Melo, Jared Jeffries, Landry Fields, Steve Novak, Danilo Gallinari, Renaldo Balkman, Anthony Randolph, Ronny Turiaf, Shawne Williams, Derrick Brown, Chandler Wilson, Jonathan Bender, David Lee, Al Harrington, Boris Diaw, Grant Hill, Eric Piatkowski, Brian Skinner, James Jones, Shawn Marion, Jalen Rose, Nikoloz Tskitishvilli, Brian Grant, Tim Thomas, Joe Johnson, Jim Jackson, Bo Outlaw, Quentin Richardson, Antonio McDyess, Maciej Lampe, Keon Clark, Danny Fortson, Carl Herrera, Raef LaFrentz, etc. who were all 6'7 or much taller.

I know you don't like D'Antoni but he is still a Rocket and a storied coach, no need to create false narrative to get your point across.

Pat and bilaal14 like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

I didn’t. Green is also taking up a spot and he’s out for the season. None of these guys are helping or playing for the rockets this year. Clark on the other hand is able to actually play while PJ is still stuck on an island with 0 minutes help atm

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Or his idiot son.

topfive and HP3 like this.
  5. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

This is like when the airline counter clerk congratulated by girlfriend for getting her bag in at 49.8lbs. I'm not happy about it because Gary Clark had some real potential for improvement down the line. Season ain't over yet, however, so we'll have to all just trust in Morey for now.

6. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Can’t wait to see what Clark does on LAC...

7. psaman17

psaman17 Member

I trust Morey. But this smells like Tilman's BS. Those of you saying it doesn't matter, Clark doesn't move the needle. While its true that Clark probably isn't going to be a difference maker in the long run, this is about owner valuing money over current production. Clark is insurance. He plays when guys get hurt. Getting rid of him doesn't help this team, it helps the owners bottom line.

8. smp

smp Member

Ooops. We are going to accidentally avoid the tax again this year.

Oh gosh. How does that keep happening? Tilman is a great owner who is willing to spend. He only cares about avoiding the repeater tax. Just dumb luck I guess. I’m sure Harden believes that story. Haha

9. jsilencio

jsilencio Member

I’m about done with Tilman.

I was at opening night, and he sells his piece of **** book at the team store and runs a commercial for it at halftime. He’s such a douchebag.

10. HP3

HP3 Member

LOL, wow look hey guys, look Tilman agrees with you about Dantoni.

11. HP3

HP3 Member

Also I feel like we should be making a bigger deal out of finding his burner account, like this is kinda huge.

Nook, D-rock and smp like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He was likeable. End of story.

13. bj3175

bj3175 Member

ridiculous

Vivi likes this.
  14. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Tilman is cheap

Sadboy likes this.
  15. smp

smp Member

He has PROVEN himself to be cheap. The only thing that can reverse that at this point is action.

Gray_Jay and D-rock like this.
  16. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Gary's off to work at Krusty Joe's Krab Shack now

17. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Clark's in his 2nd year and definitely had the tools to contribute, like Hartenstein. But the Rockets aren't making basketball decisions, they're making decisions with Morey's calculator. We let Clark go but he's really PJ's only backup as a stretch big. I guess we're gonna wear PJ down & not pay him at the end of the year. Then y'all will play dumb when FA's don't come here in the offseason

Der Rabbi and rhee like this.
  18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I knew Clark was playing a dangerous game signing that easily waivable contract. Shoulda held out like House.

Richie_Rich, Rocket River and Deckard like this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

20. YOLO

YOLO Member