1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Washed up" Chris Paul is the best clutch player in the NBA and will be in All-Star Game this year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by _RTM_, Dec 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Harden has been having the best year of his career for a few seasons in a row.

slothy420, Roomba, King1 and 3 others like this.
  2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Holy crap did you guys see him tonight, “washed up “ my ass.

That was ridiculous taking over the game like that, dude always makes the right decision late in the game and is clutch a f

YOLO and fchowd0311 like this.
  3. And1redux

And1redux Member

CP3 was hitting midrange after midrange in a row. four or five straight. I wonder if CP3 would've done that if he was still with the Rockets

smp and hakeem94 like this.
  4. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

He looks a lot healthier this year than last. Almost back to 2017 CP3 and that guy was a beast. But like everyone says, he’s been soo injury prone that can you expect him to stay healthy for the playoffs?

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I think we know that answer to that.

dudes been hurt every year for like the past 5 seasons.

I really liked cp3 here but grabbing Russ was the right move long term and it’s what Harden wants and thinks he needs to win a championship for this franchise.

at the end of the day that’s all that matters.

we live and die with James if russ makes him comfortable and brings out his best, well that’s what’s best for the houston Rockets.

harden is having the 3rd best scoring season ever and is shooting better than he ever has in his career outside of his 6th man of the year season in okc.

he’s shouting 46/38/87

that’s insane for his volume and work load.

he’s actually shooting better than the new golden boy Kawhi is.

yet all you hear from the casuals is harden is inefficient..... that’s comical.

If we can win a championship this year.

hardens season will go down as one of the top 5 best seasons in nba history.

smp, hakeem94, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  6. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Too bad the zebras, silver and the NBA won’t ever let us win a championship. I’ll be shocked if it’s not LA vs LA in WCF, not because they are the best teams but they will be the teams that benefit most from the rigged a$$ officiating.

Harden has gotten soo good that they started taking points away from him to rig the games.

slothy420, hakeem94 and YaoMing#1 like this.
  7. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

If we’re healthy and harden keeps shooting this well I’m not sure there is anything the zebras can do to screw us over.

GS with KD really was something special and a James harden led team took them to the brink. Not Lebron not Giannis or Kawhi.

the lakers and clippers are good but there not even close to the GS level. That team was unbelievable.

lakers have holes with shooting and guard play clippers have issues with rim protection.

harden can beat both of those teams I’m sure of this.

bucks seem to be the one team that harden has problems with. It might be a team from the East that is actually are stiffest competition.

I respect the clippers and lakers but I know we can beat them in a 7 game series.

jcf and D-rock like this.
  8. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

But does Harden having a great individual season equate to championships?

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Looks like we've been infiltrated by a bunch of Thunder fans. Maybe we need to open up a sub-forum for them so they can talk amongst themselves.

icewill36, hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  10. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

It's gonna be like this all year. I don't think these are Thunder fans. Everyone who called CP washed wants to validated. Everyone who thought the CP/Westbrook trade was horrible wants to be validated. This back and forth debate may last for years unless we win it all.

smp, hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  11. WestendMassive

So Chris Paul wasn't an All Star in 17-18 with better stats and more wins but he is going to be an All-Star this year? He's playing great but I don't get the logic

hakeem94, D-rock and Blurr#7 like this.
  12. riko

riko Member

Third best record in the west despite being injury ridden all season and as good as shot as anyone to come out of the west. What is your point? Are you with a straight face saying Paul could carry this team farther-? Hahaha

D-rock likes this.
  13. JackLordsHair66

Yeah I can’t argue that, we shall see if CP3 stays healthy (which has never happened in the last 7/8 seasons) into the playoffs there’s and argument to be made sure. Russ has improved his FTs and (usually) his shot selection a lot lately though, he had an off night at GSW but for the most part he’s played a lot better the last 15+ games. I hated him after the first 10 games but he has improved a lot (except his 3pt shot) just by not taking dumb 3s and 2s as much recently. Because he plays at such a furious pace the turnovers get a little maddening but if CP was here we’d be at the bottom of the conference in pace and I think that pace generally improves is offensively so again we will see

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

That post aged well

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He has young, decent role players and no Harden to defer to......

Shai is also star material.

16. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

He just ended this month with 17.6 PPG + 5.7 RPG + 7.6 APG on 49/37/94. being the most clutch player in the league and....

... the best record in the West in December with most of the wins being taken in clutch situations

WTF

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Russ put up 28 and 7, helped Rockets beat Nuggets by 26. Kudos to Paul and hope Thunder can make it into postseason probably as 8th, maybe 7th seed.

But when is 17 points considered a landmark achievement, never mind taking over a game.

smp and topfive like this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol at 17 points
    impressive!
    [​IMG]

smp likes this.
  19. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Lol you saw first hand Christmas Day that with terrible officiating we can’t even beat Golden State...

20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

CP3 is a great player and many of us didn't want him to be traded for Russ. With that said, it seems both teams have benefitted from the trade. I hope CP3 remains healthy, but history says that he will eventually injure a hamstring.