1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate The Rockets Players - Mid Range Game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Dec 27, 2019.

1. magichat281

magichat281 Member

Layups and 3's only is one of the stupidest way to coach a team. No strategy involved but high pick and roll and isos . Gayest coach ever.

2. amaru

amaru Member

Honestly, Nene is probably the best midrange shooter on the team after Harden.

BaselineFade likes this.
  3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

You obviously never watch the Stockton Malone Jazz play

Rocket River

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Rate? Why? There are actual statistics out there if you're interested...

6. magichat281

magichat281 Member

You dumb as fk Malone has mid range jumper that’s automatic. You obviously trying be smart but look dumb as fk. I seen them when they had those ugly Jersey with the mountains on the jersey and when Stockton hit that 3 beat us at home image when we had Barkley. That’s why Carlos boozer and deron Williams ran same scheme and played they same style. Mid to high post jumper with 3pt threat or choice to post up if big man has a good shot. Happy New Years dick ****.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

You as well raggedy tramp

Rocket River
    Someone is drunk already.

8. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

No, it isn't. This doesn't make any sense, and this is a terrible analogy. The reason you run the ball is because of downs. Getting the most yards on every play is very obviously not the objective, and is not the way to score the most points in football. It's a terrible comparison. There are good arguments for taking mid range shots, if you have the right personnel, but this is not one of them.

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This is so stupid. You also run the ball so defenses are kept in check and just don't have all their LBs drop back and play pass coverage or do all out aggressive blitzes at the qb. You also run the ball to set up the play action.

And back to the NBA, notice how NBA defenses don't even bother guarding the mid range area when Harden has the ball. They allow complete freedom of movement in that area especially when teams like the Bucks play the "guard only the left side of Harden and pack the paint" defense.

#29 fchowd0311, Dec 31, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
  10. And1redux

And1redux Member

WB is actually a decent midrange shooter. I wish we let CP3 take more midrange jumpers while he was here. he's having a resurgence year in OKC partly because mentally he's free from the dogmatic 'threes and layups only' approach.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Are you allergic to winning?

12. magichat281

magichat281 Member

I don’t drink at all. I quit after a close friend died alcohol/drug accident. You just trying sit there and troll me what I do and don’t know, when you’re the one that don’t know the jazz play style. Then you sit here accusing me I’m drinking. You one those people and gossip like a female making up false information before knowing facts. D’Antoni was popularly known when this play style was utilized in phx no mid range only 3s and lay ups. Steve Nash pt guard won mvp playing along side with Barbosa Marion and amare. Same system that won the most games in regular season. Same problem we have have in Houston. Great regular season team but fail during post season. It’s not the players it’s the coach. I see a big difference between Jerry Sloan and D’Antoni offense.

13. magichat281

magichat281 Member

I don’t drink at all. I quit after a close friend died alcohol/drug accident. You just trying sit there and troll me what I do and don’t know, when you’re the one that don’t know the jazz play style. Then you sit here accusing me I’m drinking. You one those people and gossip like a female making up false information before knowing facts. D’Antoni was popularly known when this play style was utilized in phx no mid range only 3s and lay ups. Steve Nash pt guard won mvp playing along side with Barbosa Marion and amare. Same system that won the most games in regular season. Same problem we have have in Houston. Great regular season team but fail during post season. It’s not the players it’s the coach. I see a big difference between Jerry Sloan and D’Antoni offense.

14. magichat281

magichat281 Member

The best system in my OPINON is the Triangle offense that Rudy T ,Phil Jackson, and the Spurs use to run with Tim Duncan in his prime. The only thing in that offense you have to have 3 key things. 1 A really great post post player which is rare to find. Duncan/Shaq/Hakeem/Gasol we talking about hall of fame player caliber. 2 A great passer to feed the post player which is hard to feed when they are fighting for the post kenny/parker/fisher. 3. a great shooter to spread the floor so the post player can have choice to kick out if double teamed to wide open 3 or someone running to goal for easy 2. If 1v1 is allowed in the post then the post player can abuse his defender. This is a half court offense so you have energy and time to play great half court defense.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Rudy T ran the triangle?

Rocket River

BaselineFade and apollo33 like this.
  16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Rocket River

BaselineFade likes this.
  17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Maybe Westbrook should be posting up more. He was hitting all those in the paint turnarounds last night.

I'd rather have him reduce his entire game to drives and postups. Maybe 2 3's maximum a game

18. magichat281

magichat281 Member

Yes he did. Kenny or Sammy feed him in post when he’s posted up and gave him option post up and if doubled to kick out for 3 that’s triangle half court offense. You serious? I just explained what a triangle offense is and you still ask if we ran it?

19. magichat281

magichat281 Member

When you keep reposting and rotating your players around your post player creating a triangle it’s called triangle offense which we constantly did and made a lot of threes because Hakeem was always doubled and was kicked out to wide open 3 shooter. We obviously always tried to play fast but if we settled to half court offense it ran through hakeem in triangle offense. Rudy T was a hybrid of coaching style to fast break when he got the chance and ran the court but when he couldnt it was ran through the DREAM in a triangle offense surrounding him with shooters and kept trying to re-post him in different positions if the first post wasnt good enough.

20. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I get what you are saying but the classic triangle had the weak side forward set up at the high post. We did run a version of this with OT and later with Kevin Willis, but the principles of the offense were not quite the same as the classic triangle. The off the ball action was different because Dream was so dominant.

Rudy T's best and most efficient offense was in 95 when we moved Horry to the 4. We went full 4 out with Dream in the post, and we almost became unguardable. Generating wide open 3's by capable shooters is optimal when you have a dominant scorer in this era, but it all started with Rudy T 25 years ago. He was ahead of his time.

D-rock likes this.