1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

According to Ethan Strauss of the Athletic; Karl Anthony Towns is "unhappy" with the Timberwolves

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Nook

Nook Member

I cannot see Russell being a Warrior for long. The Warriors will look to move him. As you stated, they will also likely have a lottery pick....... plus there will be players motivated to force a trade to GS.

The Warriors may never win another title with Curry, but they will be in the mix next season and the one after.

da_juice and Vivi like this.
  2. Vivi

Vivi Member

Can't edit now but i obviously meant "i don't think Curry and D-Lo is going to work"

3. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I think they’re eye is on the future and are looking to pair KAT and D-Lo. If that’s the case then they won’t trade D-Lo to another team.

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It can be made fair. Want to get out of your contract? Contract voided, best of luck in free agency.
    On the flip side - you're underperforming or have nagging injuries? Contract voided, best of luck in free agency.

(But as for now, when players sign contracts they should always be balancing long-term security with flexibility. Everything comes with a trade off. It is really annoying when they see big dollar signs and can't sign fast enough, and then stomp their feet when they're not in the perfect situation.)

pugsly8422 and RayRay10 like this.
  5. rockets13champs

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The media is so far down the line of “only players matter. Fans/owners/cities/etc. be damned”, that there will never be support for such an idea.

The league got what they wanted. They want player movement and free agent storylines, and now basically half the league doesn’t matter.

Nook, da_juice and CometsWin like this.
  7. Vivi

Vivi Member

I mean, there's no way they trade Curry right? So, as long as Curry is there they will try to compete, for obvious reasons Thompson and Green are a big part of that, these three players are literally the Warriors, Splash Bros plus Draymond...i just don't see them brake that. D-Lo has to be the odd man out there, he's much younger than the Warriors core but in line with a rebuilding core like Minnie, and he's basically a poor man Curry, ass defender who likes to chuck up shots without being actually as good as Steph.

Nook likes this.
  8. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

It’s been reported that KAT and D-Lo want to play together. Thoughts were that the Warriors would eventually trade D-Lo to Minny. But if KAT wants out of Minny then trading for D-Lo isn’t going to change that. If the Warriors are interested in KAT then they are looking to pair him with D-Lo. They’re not looking to add KAT to the old core.

9. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

If 24 draft picks did not do it for Butler we don’t have the 52 needed for KAT.

10. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Kat has same mental toughness as KD and Dwight or Lin

Bet Jimmy made him cry often in practice

Rocket River and CometsWin like this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/w...es-super-team-karl-anthony-towns-devin-booker
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ts-at-future-super-team-with-kat-devin-booker
    https://arizonasports.com/story/212...anthony-towns-and-himself-will-play-together/

“We gotta do this again, when we’re all on the same team,” Russell jokes toward the end of the day. “Nah, don’t cut it,” he says to our rolling cameras. “Y’all got it on footage. When we’re all on the same team—I ain’t gonna tell you which team because I don’t know—we’re gonna do this again.”

RocketsTerps and Vivi like this.
  12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

No doubt the TWolves are unhappy with him as they should be.

13. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

remember EG was unhappy last year this time. suppose someone could developed an app that could predict and update players' day-to-day mood and status quo.

14. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I think the suns could actually pull it off and trade for both of them.

15. Nook

Nook Member

Those 3 would win 45 games together. The defense would be third world atrocious.

Reeko, GotGame15 and Vivi like this.
  16. Vivi

Vivi Member

I mean, it was also reported Irving and Butler wanted to play together, in Boston, New York...pretty sure other examples have been out there.

But yeah, i remember the rumor about Minnie having interest in D-Lo to pair him with Towns, i don't get how this should translate into thinking the Warriors would want to pair Towns with D-Lo instead that with Curry, Klay and Dryamond. If they want to win Curry, Klay and Dray are still way better options then D-Lo.

I think you're giving too much weight to Towns and D-Lo having interest in playing together, even if that's something they would really like, the teams they're playing for have complete control on them for many years so, they'll do whatever they want with them, that's why i don't see the Warriors trade their core instead of Russell for Towns, also cause why would the Wolves take on 30/32 years old players for Towns? Makes no sense for them.

Nook likes this.
  17. jsilencio

jsilencio Member

This is the biggest problem in the NBA. These small-market teams grow these players right up to the point where they're ready to start making real noise in the postseason, then they leave for greener pastures.

18. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Ok fine... i'll bite wolves get russel westbrook and isiah hartenstein warriors first, warriors get karl anthony towns, and houston gets d russell robert covington and minny pick.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

KAT is not having fun?

20. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

But, wasn't this the same Minnesota that took a decade to become a winner. Even with KG, it took them seven years to get passed the 1st round. Let's not pretend, they had good management through the time period.