1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to honor Westbrooks best game in a Rockets Jersey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Naismith

Naismith Member

My favorite quote of the thread . "Russ is a bomb that you just need to let go off"

2. smp

smp Member

There’s a lot of truth to that. Mad Max and Artest brought us that unpredictable, crazy-tough attitude.

Russ is going to make some mistakes. He’s not going to be a great spot up shooter. But he brings so many other things to the table that overcome those traits.

luckyman76, seclusion, D-rock and 9 others like this.
  3. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

Russ has been our best player the last 5-6 games. I’m super excited to see what we can do once Gordon gets back.

jcmoon likes this.
  4. King1

King1 Contributing Member

We're better off when he doesn't post

hakeem94, D-rock, Reeko and 1 other person like this.
  5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love having Westbrook on this team He and James are so different, yet so perfect together. They each have strengths the other lacks in, and are the perfect combination.

hakeem94, kjayp and jcmoon like this.
  6. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

When they ask what changed your mind about Westbrook? This game...he can carry us offensively when needed which is something CP3 just couldn't do and he has the heart of a champion.

kjayp likes this.
  7. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

DaDakota response will be:

A: "I don't know why people think I'm a hater, I want him to do well"
    B: Double down "Let's see him do it in the playoffs"
    C: Disappear until he has a bad game to come back and say "I told yall"
    D: #free'holic

8. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Spot on. The most amusing thing is he spends more time on here than anyone and is completely wrong 99% of the time. That still doesn't stop him from stating his worthless opinions as if they are facts

hakeem94, jcmoon, Erbnwarfare and 2 others like this.
  9. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

I'm amazed that he's 31 and has had several knee surgeries, yet his athleticism is that of a 21 year old. Keep attacking the rim Westbrook!

10. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He definitely had "hate in heart" and "bad intentions," in a good way, when he went up for that dunk. I'm not 100% sure he dunks it clean even if Harrell wasn't in his way. Just a total, "Ima put my stamp/exclamation point on this!" move.

BaselineFade likes this.
  11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I didn't think this was his best game. I thought the previous 4-5 games where he was actually efficient were way better performances. But I'll take the W!

hakeem94 and jcmoon like this.
  12. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Westbrook's game has never been about efficiency because if that was the key to making this team better, Morey would have gotten a Kevin Martin type of player. Now that dude was efficient, but nobody will ever confuse him for a superstar player.

Instead, Russ is the shot of adrenaline that this team needed. Guy will take it upon himself to will the team to fight to the bitter end, no matter the score. Admittedly, that attitude works better when the Rockets are down double digits, but I for one, will take and accept Westbrook for who he is -- a talented fighter with flaws, but one that you can count on when things look most bleak.

13. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

He may not be the most efficient guy - but I admire his tenacity! Most importantly, I love how the dude takes it to the rim with authority - and doesnt just sit out on the perimeter and chuck!
    Dude has some stones and no fear!

14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, and like Tucker, you see him put every ounce of his energy into each and every play, the ENTIRE game!

15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

This.
    Close thread.

16. kjayp

AMEN!

and if we are done with MDA's whole predetermined desire for 50+ 3pt attempts a game - and take the low lying fruit of getting to the rim and easy mid range shots... together with more tenacious and consistent D - and we might have somethin...

I'm not saying abandon the 3... but I've always said 35-40 3 pt attempts a game is the sweet spot... 50+ is painting yourself into a corner and dealing with the results...

For example, based on last game...
    14/37 from 3 (37.8%) = 1.135 pts per 3 pt attempt...
    29/49 from 2 (59.1%) = 1.183 pts per 2 pt attempt...
    that doesnt factor in points from fouls/free throws... but I think its evident that a balance similar to last night is ideal...

deb4rockets likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Charles Barkley, that you?

kjayp likes this.
  18. kjayp

I dont typically watch the talking heads... but if thats Barkley's view too - then he's smarter than I've given him credit for! ;) lol

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Loved his play, but he still shot too many 3’s. He absolutely must stop shooting that many, I don’t care if that’s the flow of the offense or not, it’s simply not his game and it hurts the team. There has to be a compromise, and it starts with coaching and admitting that he brings more to the table than a horrendous outside shot. The guy’s a baller, but he doesn’t need to be shooting more than 3 or 4 a game.

hakeem94 and deb4rockets like this.
  20. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Not sure if this has been said yet...

but the biggest addition Russ brings is exactly what we need against the elite half court defenses like the clippers. PACE.
    He punished them with pace. If CP3 was here for this game, we get blown out.

our pace changer will be crucial for us in games like this.

Nick_713, hakeem94, D-rock and 2 others like this.