1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blind Man Walking

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Almu, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

. . . just wait til the playoffs . . . Steve will shine
    and you all can polite shut up then

Rocket River

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

And if he doesn't shine or DOESN'T get to the playoffs can we expect the same courtesy from you?

;)

DD

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

They don't fit well together but instead of providing evidence of this you blast his character with assertion you probably have no idea of.

4. Sane

Sane Member

Just want to say Ray Allen is by no means a pipe dream. He is refusing to sign an extension, and many NBA GM's have said that he is probably on the block. He doesn't want to stick around in Seattle. Aside from that, we all know that Seattle is having trouble generating interest in the team, so getting a 2-time All Star in Steve Francis would help their case tremendously. He's also younger than Ray and Seattle is ACCUSTOMED to having a good PG. Along with Barry, Ridnour and Flip, they can be one of the better backcourts in the league next season.

However, if you think that we can't POSSIBLY get anything good back for Steve, meaning no one would trade a damn good player for him, what do you think that means? What's your measure of value? If there's a player who has been to the All Star game twice and doesn't generally have a history of bad conduct or anything like that, all while having made the playoffs (Assuming we make it this season), then what makes you think Steve is a damn good player?

I think he's really really good. However, I feel you don't place value on improvement, something which Steve has not done in his 4 years. Everything he's doing now is Van Gundy's work, and it's something a rookie Steve Francis should've and could've done. He's not taken it to another level.

Rivaldo, no one is disagreeing with you. Steve is an excellent player. However, he doesn't mesh with Yao, and we've given him 60 games to prove otherwise. It took Mobley around 20 games to completely adjust to Yao, but what about Steve? I mean, c'mon, at some point, it's not worth waiting anymore. If he needs the rest of this season and half of next to adjust, we might as well trade him for someone who'll adjust as fast as Mobley did, right?

5. silentfan

silentfan Member

Eric Snow is not tall. He's the same height as Francis.

6. silentfan

silentfan Member

That's pretty bold. Even when I said the Rockets wouldn't make the playoffs, I never told anyone to shut up who said othewise (and there were PLENTY of people who disagreed with me).

:D

7. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

When will people finally realize that Steve Francis is just not that good, 6 years, 8 years, 10 years?

I myself am fed up with him. That streetball basketball crap has to go. It's in Steve's blood. He will never become the player YOU want him to become.

Every quote I read by Steve in the Chronicle is so full of ***. He says one thing, then goes out and continues to make the same boneheaded mistakes game after game, year after year.

8. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Boo hoo.

9. solid

solid Contributing Member

Would you agree that J. Jackson is a "Journeyman" player? I think most would. Would you agree that he has made some clutch shots? He has. Would you agree that he plays hard and smart? O.K. Would you agree that any given night he is capable of putting up 20 points or more? He has proven he can do it. Is he a solid player who is critical to the team's success? Very much so. Has he not been very consistent; does he not bring it every night? Yes. Does he avoid silly nobrainer mistakes? Most of the time. Can all these things be said of Steve Francis this season? So what is Steve Francis?

10. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Steve ! I knew it was you!

11. user

user Member

Fancis is a great player. He is facing the difficulty of changing his game a lot and to play as a true PG now. He has this bad habbit of playing SG in a PG position since day one (result of bad/lakc of bball education). But he is a great player and ALL great players will overcome the difficulties they have to face in their life and come out great!

Francis is great and different. You can notice that from 100 miles away. he will come through!

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

User,

I hope you are right and I am wrong....

I would love to eat crow about Steve.

Nice game tonight, but he still had 5 Turnovers.

Everyone else has begun to protect the ball better, maybe Steve will too...although a lot of his turnovers are travels and charges.

DD