1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

100% NOT behind Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pippsux, Oct 7, 2019.

1. marky :)

marky :) Member

Then maybe you should find a new job if you're afraid to tweet your opinions on social media without fear of losing your job.

Nook, fchowd0311 and YOLO like this.
  2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

If this situation can only prove one thing it would be that opinions are something not everyone is accustomed to, depending on where they live, unfortunately.

Nook likes this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He actually has taken swipes at Trump on twitter it's just that American fans haven't gone crazy about it.

Nook likes this.
  4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I am 50% behind him & 50% not behind him

5. steddinotayto

Something tells me you're costing your boss/company more by actually NOT doing work and posting on a basketball forum. But what do I know?

Nook, fchowd0311 and YOLO like this.
  6. pippsux

pippsux Member

7. Garner

Garner Member

You're understanding of point 3 is very skewed. Larger cities historically had a marketability advantage, but that's largely gone away in the digital age. You do see players go to smaller markets and stay in them all the time. The chinese marketability is seen as more of a bonus than a driving force in any decision.

Kevin Durant stayed in OKC before going to Oakland.
    Lebron went back to Cleveland.
    Giannis chose to stay in Milwaukee.
    When was the last time the Knicks got a free agent worth a ****?
    etc etc etc.

https://hypebeast.com/2019/4/top-selling-nba-player-jerseys-2018-2019-season-lebron-james-lakers

Look at jersey sales. there is no rhyme or reason to the big market/ small market sales. It's player dependent.

Harden comes in at 6th, behind players in Milwaukee, Oakland, Boston, and Philly.

Houston, as a city, comes in at 8th even though its the 4th largest city in America.

Morey walked back his tweet at the request of his employer, not to mend fences with China.

Ultimately, the only argument china has is "yea, but what about our money?!"

8. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

No, I said IF China bans only Houston Merch and streaming, and hypothetically if the NBA doesn't socialize Houston's losses somehow - then yes there's likely a tangible effect, much similar to how large markets attract players over small markets. Currently, China is banning ALL of the NBA pre-season games, and we'll see if it lasts into the season.

And I wouldn't put 100% of success or failure on this one event of course. Morey was largely responsible for bringing Westbrook over, a decision I personally disagreed with. If Westbrook and Harden butt heads, forget about China - Morey is right back in the hot seat.

9. mms

mms Member

Sterling was forced out based on a leaked private conversation with his biatch.

10. pippsux

pippsux Member

On my way to work, but of course u didn't read that... I'll be back for you when my shift is over.

I secretly can't wait for Morey to be fired so he and his fans can leave with him. Just like L insanity took his fans with him.

11. Garner

Garner Member

1. all employers have different terms of employment. I'm not familiar with the exact terms of employment that Morey signed. You seem very familiar with the exact detail. I would like you to provide the basis of your information.

If the basis of your information is "i'm pretty sure you can't do that", which i know it is, then stfu and stop posting.

12. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

So much more concentrated in clutch city though.

13. meh

meh Contributing Member

While I agree with your sentiments, I feel things have gone past logic and reasoning. The mob has been incited and even the chinese government imo cant back off now without looking weak.

I'm very curious how the talks between Silver and the Chinese government goes because right now they're walking a fine line and neither side has much room to budge. Honestly this shouldve been nipped at the bud and no one would care in two weeks. But now I dont think they can walk back given that its expanded to this point.

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This whataboutism is a joke by now.

Trump can be voted out. Xi Jinping just signed unlimited term limits and is president for life. I can vocally express about Trump's mushroom dick out publicly in the US without fear of imprisonment. China is literally run as a autocratic dictatorship. There is no equivalency here.

And no, there is literally nothing the US is doing currently that is worse than detaining 2 million humans and forcing them to deconvert from their religion and harvesting their organs.

Doing business with China at this point is equivalent to doing business with North Korea. Both are run by Hardline autocrat's who control every aspect of the nation with no mechanism to remove them from their positions of power.

Nook likes this.
  15. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

Disagree. A direct quote from Morey. "I was merely voicing one thought, based on one interpretation, of one complicated event."

So denouncing religious persecution, organ harvesting, and the denial of democracy using military force is simply "one interpretation of a complicated event"? Doubling down would be outright condemnation of the Chinese government and restoring his deleted tweet. Let's be real here.

16. steddinotayto

Have a great day at work! Also, please tell me you own the company that designed the shoe you're advertising in your signature.

17. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

No wonder. Glad the mail-order bride model can still help someone like yourself getting laid. I believe it's a basic human right

18. steddinotayto

I mean Houston DO have twice as many people living here than Barcelona so your statement is probably true.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

That is precisely doubling down. Saying that this is his opinion and he isn't going to change it.is doubling down.

Many politicians use the same language when doubling down. "I'm sorry if I offended anyone but that was not my intent" is code for "I believe in what I said".

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I agree, but he should not be fired over it.

DD