1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets fans in China furious at Morey for supporting Hong Kong protests

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketsmanhk, Oct 4, 2019.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

What cooperation? Letting us beat their teams by 60 in the preseason? Mkay.

2. jayland

jayland Member

Another article on Morey from the official China communist party newspaper People's Daily. http://en.people.cn/n3/2019/1006/c90000-9620452.html

Basically says westerners who support the HK protests are ignorant idiots that are listening to "fake news" by the western media.

There's also this gem.
    Pretty much says a lot of Americans who got rich from business in China are greedy and evil bastards who will do anything for money. So them preaching about supporting democracy and freedom are hollow words.

D-rock, foh, Yung-T and 2 others like this.
  3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

This is easily one of the stupidest posts in this thread. There are many tens of millions of people who are free and prosperous today because the US chose the WRONG guys against those right guys, the communists trying to control or kill them. I'm guessing they wouldn't trade any of that to live in Vietnam or North Korea now but perhaps you would because you know how the Chinese are so well informed.

Yes, we are free to say whatever we want without the fear of being thrown in prison. No lessons learned indeed.

#423 CometsWin, Oct 6, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    joshuaao likes this.
  4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This is as bad as North Korean state papers, wow. No wonder why you see so many delusional Chinese people defending their government to the fullest and always pointing fingers at the evil West.

5. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Morey ruined this season even before it started.

6. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Reported to the Chinese police that this guy is using illegal ways to ‘climb over the wall’ (vpn) and informing the western powers of the internal policies in China.

This guy will be charged with spy, espionage, treason and attempted to destroy the harmony of the society.

Based on the examples of similar cases happened on Chinese social media, this guy could subject to 7-10 days of prison time and up to life without sentence.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Wait, are you saying you reported him for that?

8. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

That guy that made that tweet.

It’s amazing that he even told the world on his handle that he is related to Tencent.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Are you really saying you notified Chinese authorities and hope this man faces jail or other punishments just for giving out these news?

Wtf.

Edit: Or did you not word it clearly, meaning someone else reported him and you heard about it?

D-rock and jcf like this.
  10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Relax dude.

Maybe his dad is a very powerful official and I am sure he will be out in no time.

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Judging from your comment history it seems you are critical of the CCP and only joking about reporting the guy, maybe not the best time for these kind of jokes given how many Chinese users we have here (or the wrong ppl seeing this and actually following your reporting idea).

12. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Hey I am not joking.

We have an ass-hole president in our country now, but I am still able to talk sh’t and watch SNL all I want.

And that’s 100% totally legal.

That’s the difference.

13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Does the Boston Tea Party ring any bells?

D-rock and foh like this.
  14. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

This is becoming hilarious. I’m happy to let you win if moral victory is so much important to you Malakas.

15. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

CCP is not the same as Chinese. You folks in China really ought to be rising up against the CCP in the same way HK is.

16. allforone

allforone Member

DM , the rest of the organization, and every single American is entitled to his/her opinion, and to voice out.

Problem is, nobody was asking/forcing DM to tweet his political stand, knowing how biz savvy as he is, how idiotic it is to do this during China's 70th anniversary.

What are his motives? It's all about money, you dont have to like someone to make money off them. The heck why?

17. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Stop judging a person’s stance by one post. I made my views clearly in a few posts and apparently no one cared to think rationally and coherently

And who said I’m from China?

18. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

“how idiotic it is to do this during China's 70th anniversary.”

Wait a second, let me get on the line and inform NBC to make sure they will not air SNL when Trump will spend the weekend in his golf resort.

LOL.

What kind of country you are living at? Are you still bending your knees to your grace?

Or you are just got forked up by watching too much GOT?

19. allforone

allforone Member

I live in China

For money, publicity, deeper cooperation or whatever, DM DOESN'T have to do this during this particular period of time, thus I wonder his motives

20. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Morey probably doesn't know Chinese people very well. Maybe he naively thought that since Chinese people are also being suppressed by the CCP, the story of HK people fighting against tyranny would gain their support. But reality is the exact opposite.

allforone likes this.