1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fairest way to split Rockets season tickets (2019-2020 season edition)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mollamar, Jul 31, 2019.

1. mollamar

mollamar Contributing Member

Clutchfans, I need the wisdom of the crowd. Does anyone have a good way to fairly split season tickets? I want to make sure to find a good balance for my friend who will be taking half of my season this year. I am sure someone else has done this, so hopefully there is a template already. Ideally, it would balance opponent strength, marquis match ups, and weekend / non-weekend games.

Thoughts?

Also, if this doesn't belong in the GARM, please move it.

don grahamleone likes this.
  2. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

3. mollamar

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Cut it in half with a sword.

5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Smartest thing is figure out every team that plays here twice. Each of you get one of the games. For the teams that only play 1 time, you should divide the games one by one in a draft like style. So if the Nets play once and you really love Kyrie you pick that game.

6. mollamar

Good idea. That is what I've done. I'll post the schedule once I type it out in case anyone else is interested. The hard ones were the East Coast teams like the Bucks, 76ers, Celts, etc. that we only play once each in Houston. For that, I paired them by how good they forecast to be and split those pairs. The 41st regular season ticket I offset with the two home preseason games.

BigShasta and Lawlruschang like this.
  7. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Have a draft with your friend like Jimmy Fallon did.

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

He gets all the games against Eastern Conference teams, you get the WC teams.

Keep this system through the first 3 playoff rounds, then reverse it for the finals.

9. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I would probably make sure you make a non-guaranteed offer for the tickets. If not happy, waive them and don't eat at Landrys?

10. Garner

Garner Member

A draft is by far the most fun way to do this.

napalm06, cato13 and harold bingo like this.
  11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Give all the tickets to @Haymitch and let him distribute as he sees fit.

12. cato13

cato13 Contributing Member

How many seats???? I going to assume 2? I would do a draft like someone already mentioned and maybe you guys can designate something like 4 or 5 games as "premium" and both go to those games????

13. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

have two drafts one with teams that play the rockets twice in houston and one where each team plays once. For the teams that play twice rule is you cannot pick the same team twice unless the two of you agree before hand and then that way you guys can decide which of the two games you may prefer more. (IE if the Warriors play the Rockets on a Saturday night vs playing the Rockets on a Tuesday night the Sat game is more attractive IMO)

14. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Only thing I can think of is both of you splitting your games in half and giving them to me....

Seriously though, do a draft. Flip a coin to decide who picks first, then snake draft all 82 games. Would be fun

15. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Split the division games equally. Split the teams that play here twice equally.

Agree on the powerhouse remaining teams, flip coin and have a draft like order. You pick, he picks.

The remaining, sell. And make your money back. LOL

16. mollamar

So I just realized that the schedule I was working from was actually last year's and this coming season won't be out until 2 weeks. I'll post then what I figure out.

17. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Assuming you have two tickets and you generally want pairs...
    1) Each of you announce/take any games you really want. My brothers birthday, never seen Labron, etc.
    2) if you both really want the same game, split the pair and go together
    3) Even up. You took 4 pairs, i took 2. Now I get 2 more, and since you already got your must games, you don't really care what I take.
    4) Draft from there. I like serpentine.
    5) Throw away any pre-seasons - they are worthless

18. today

today Contributing Member

Sounds like a question for King Solomon...