1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Iko] An ode to Chris Paul

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jul 18, 2019.

1. LeoUnot

LeoUnot Member

Always wanted Paul to succeed in Houston. Sucks that he and Harden couldn't make it work.
    That being said, I still think CP3 has a few good years left in him.

D-rock, MIAGI99 and Nelly like this.
  2. LeoUnot

LeoUnot Member

I agree with most of what you said but I can't root for any player on the Lakers.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Arnovitz' Ode to the Floor general.

D-rock likes this.
  4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Solid take and yes, Hakeem in barney pajamas was dead to me. For me, I'm a fan of teams more than players so it's a bit different viewpoint.

5. ipaman

I wonder their take on his locker room generalship?

Based on all reports, seems as good as he was on the court, he was as bad in the locker room.

6. HP3

HP3 Member

Dude what’s the point of this? Lol like it really feels like you had to counter with a negative point about him.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are missing point of the thread.

There are other threads to malign a sure HOFer.

8. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

***** we were capped the **** out regardless.

HP3 likes this.
  9. ipaman

What's the point of posting my observations on a message board? If we didn't, there would be no messages...

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

CP helped keep Harden accountable as a star player. CP's defensive mind is underrated. CP's steady hand in adversity will be missed.

When the Rockets *need to stop the bleeding* on a run, CP's mid range jumper will be missed.

I just think back to the Utah series. Gobert has the paint bottled up, 3's are tightly guarded and CP could kill Utah softly with the open mid range game.

Psychologically, I think CP was very important for Harden. And someone IQ-wise as a peer Harden could lean onto.

D-rock, YOLO and Nook like this.
  11. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

I wish y'all would shut up about the contract. Everyone knew he was getting the max when he got traded here. His age and nagging injuries is absolutely the reason why he should have signed his last big contract. YOU would do the same, especially with a wife and kids at home. Only one team can win a championship.

D-rock and YOLO like this.
  12. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I wanna help you win but.....let me get that 44 mill in that 4th year.

13. Clutch City1993

I hope Harden learned some things while he was here. It's true that Harden falls off if he's not happy. WB here is the ultimate solution for that.

14. Clutch City1993

No. Some of us actually hoped he would take somewhat of a paycut to bring on a 3rd star or at least not fill out the rest of the roster with vet mins and rookie deals

15. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Did Harden play for the minimum since he joined the Rockets? Or did he go to TIlman and Morey and asked to slash his salary by a few millions so that the Rockets can sign couple more role players?

When you will label that being a good awful contact, isn't the responsibility of the person who made the offer?

BasketballMind likes this.
  16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Ultimately it shouldn't matter. Plenty of title teams have had locker room issues but managed to win on the court.

HP3 likes this.
  17. Clutch City1993

What a stupid comparison. Harden's contract is somewhat back loaded. Not even making 40 mil this upcoming season....but cp3 deserves more? Stfu

18. BasketballMind

"Some of us." And who are you to say this man shouldn't have signed the contract? Who's to say Morey didn't "guarantee" he still would have been able to trade for or sign certain players? Theres no point in STILL bringing this up (and in a thread meant for positive things to be said about Chris Paul) when he is no longer on the team. The Rockets only had to trade Paul instead of multiple players for Westbrook because of the contract, and if Paul never came to Houston and the Rockets somehow traded for Westbrook, nobody would be complaining anout Westbrook's contract. So STFU or respectfully take it to another thread. Take less money so the team can trade you two years before the contract is up? That's hilarious. Like I said, you would (or should) do the same.

HP3 and YOLO like this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

unless he's playing for free, it wouldnt have mattered, that's what most of you people still crying about it still don't get.

he came in and nearly pushed the rockets to eliminate a goat team if not for his unfortunate timing of injury. of course he was going to get max. foh

BasketballMind likes this.
  20. BasketballMind

Lmao. Harden hasn't won a championship. Chris Paul is a hall of fame player and has been in the league longer.