1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: CP feels betrayed by Morey and Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Eddie Cecco, Jul 13, 2019.

1. PWR

PWR Member

We wasted 2 record-setting years of Harden's prime because of this dude.

Chris had one job. He failed. I am so happy we didn't waste the last few years of Harden's prime on this cat.

Bye bye.

Stormy1234 and Mr Chuck Norris like this.
  2. Caprah

Caprah Member

Go listen to what Kenyon martyn said about Paul who was his former teammate. Dude himself is the biggest snake in the nba

3. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The Rockets obviously promised him a max deal if he opted in and set up the trade from the Clippers. The Rockets made good on that $160 million promise against conventional wisdom( older injury prone player with ALOT of miles). So the Rockets got something and CP3 won in that scenario.

4. Caprah

Caprah Member

Let me get this straight paul tells morey look I won’t object to a trade if you want to move on but once he gets moved he feels hurt? What?

J.R. likes this.
  5. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

everybody b****in about CP3s contract,,,

He could have opted out of his final year with the Clips and gone and gotten a max contract elsewhere...

Instead he opted in so the trade to Houston could happen...

Obviously he wouldnt have done that wo assurances that we'd give him a max contract the following year...

The dude had options...

Anybody that has/had a prob with CP3 contract... talk to yer boy Murray...

What D12 turned into a cancer? Shocking! ...talk to yer boy Murray...

Melo was washed and didnt fit our game plan... talk to yer boy Murray...

Alright, Ryan Anderson's production falling off a cliff... who coulda seen that... but an injury plagued stint wouldnt have been a surprise...

Point being... while Murray has many great attributes... most of the problems were easily forseeable... but homeboy wants to swings for the bleachers - and consequences be damned...

it is what it is...

...jus sayin...

BeardNation13 likes this.
  6. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

Has Clutch vouched for @Eddie Cecco?

Eddie, please pm Clutch so that he can verify you are legit

BeardNation13 likes this.
  7. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

They could have benched him during the games for a lack of focus and effort. Also, don’t come out after game six versus San Antonio defending him by telling the entire world his lack of effort was due to being tired. Instead of disciplining him, that’s making excuses for him.

Vivi and harold bingo like this.
  8. topfive

topfive CF OG

Mr Chuck Norris and ghettocheeze like this.
  9. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

1. I LOVE CP3. But I don't feel the organization owes CP anything at all after delivering the promise of giving him the max.
    2. I'm skeptical wrt to the CP-heavy perspective of OP's story. Given Eric Gordon's story it seems to me Daryl Morey and co. has been doing a good job respecting players' feeling and managing players' expectation, not to mention one of the heaviest weights on the roster in CP3. If anything, the balance might have been broken by the owner and his heavy-handed approach; but the accusation against the GM is most likely unfounded.
    3. The rift between CP and Harden seems to be bigger than I thought. The chemistry is GONE. Regardless of what Russell brings to the table, regardless of how much CP has left in his tank, regardless of who fits the system better, this is a necessary trade to make. CP is not going to work well with Harden on and off court and it's quite obvious. Besides, we are going to lose these picks (or more) if we wait one more year anyways.
    4. The banana boat ego is real, and more powerful than I have perceived. I'm fine with James creating his own boat, cucumber boat, zucchini boat whatever you want to call it. He's our guy. I'm riding with him. And therefore I'm riding with Russell, the player I used to hate so much.

10. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Chris changed his social media profile pics to this depressing photograph. :( Hope he gets to South Beach.

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

If he's been playing his cards right, CP3 is going to come out of his career, if not a billionaire, then damn close--and the Rockets contributed to that by giving him a supermax contract. I can understand him feeling betrayed or frustrated but at the same time I don't feel bad for him either.

topfive and amaru like this.
  12. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I love the whole scenario... He had Rockets at his mercy... Should've included a no trade clause like most NBA superstars... Arrogant ass probably thought "I'm Chris Paul. They would never do me that way"...

amaru likes this.
  13. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

[​IMG]

14. jball461

jball461 Member

So, Harden got Melo kicked off the team, but they were just hanging out together in the off-season? I don’t understand...

amaru likes this.
  15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Where? Who was giving CP3 that deal? The Rockets promise was his best option to get paid and stay relevant. Bottom line, he benefited getting his retirement contract and got traded because of the business of the NBA. It swings both ways and at the end of the day, CP3 will leave the game a very rich man.

#175 TEXNIFICENT, Jul 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  16. roslolian

roslolian Member

It's unfortunate but humans are complex beings. Cp3 may have been saying the right things but since he has declined nobody wants to hear what he says.

On one hand it is understandable he felt betrayed as the FO assured him he wouldnt be traded. If there was a WB trade being cooked up why make that assurance? Cp3 could have prepared himself mentally for the trade if Morey told him he might get traded. Nobody can believe what they say now if Morey comes up to EG and tells him he wont get traded EG wont believe him.

On the other hand though Cp3 kinda made his bed thats why he is sleeping on it now. First of all he asked for a max contract, that made him a toxic asset that the team wants to get rid off while KD was giving GSW discounts left and right. Secondly he still acted like a max player while playing like a role player, obv that rubbed Harden the wrong way. If you keep speaking so much **** you gotta back it up, and Cp3 couldnt anymore. I'm sorry but Harden IS the Rockets at this point. If you are gonna come at him then you out. Like there were reports Cp3 was telling MDA to keep benching Harden wtf no wonder Morey shipped him to OKC.

Also I would like to note MDA is the wrong coach for Harden. He is an enabler, way too lazy to tell Harden to stop hogging the ball so much. Sure we will get regular season success with inmates running the asylum, but in the playoffs we know where this is headed.

topfive likes this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

Oh please, Kenyron Martin was a known hot head and honestly wsant that good of a player, most of the players who didnt like playing him were players who were not that good or had attitude problems themselves.

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

CP0 fans in shambles right now

What should the Rockets have done? Keep him as he continues to decline and ensure they don’t win a ring? If he was still a legit star or anywhere close to his 17-18 level, he’d still be on the roster.

They paid him, and he declined by 2 whole tiers as a player over just 1 summer, and it was only going to continue to go downhill from there.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

Man, i see so many people complaining about his contract but they wont tell me how that could have affected anything, including this FA. Like Ariza has been terrible, Luc injured and no other FA wanted to come here, so you tell me how that contract influenced anything?

BleedsRocketRed likes this.
  20. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

See, this makes the most sense by far of anything I have seen on the topic.

A falsified leak. Could not be the first, will not be the last. Some Machiavellian **** went down, but it is a business.

I really believe the Rockets should feel bad for themselves. There is a high chance CP3 is better than Westbrook next year.