1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WOJ: BREAKING Westbrook to Houston for CP3 & Picks!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Xerobull, Jul 11, 2019.

1. malakas

malakas Member

I wouldn't have swapped them straight up either.
    I would have asked OKC to ADD a first rounder.

treyk3 and justtxyank like this.
  2. vizier

vizier Member

Morley should push the NBA to allow two balls to be played on the court at the same time.

3. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thank the basketball GODS you arent a GM

4. marky :)

marky :) Member

I'm a CP3 fan and will always remember the 17-18 season but we didn't get the same CP3 last season. Of course Id rather have CP3 over Westbrook 100% but if Harden wants Westbrook and Westbrook WANTS to play here, I'm all for it. Without Harden plus him being happy, everything else is pointless.

BigShasta and Jayzers_100 like this.
  5. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Westbrook's salary and MVP recognition are solely based on the fact that he's a circus performer. He has flashy dribbles, plays like a man posessed, scores from crazy angles, highlight reel dunks, and pads his stats like no other. People justifying his value based on those accolades are short-sighted.

justtxyank and malakas like this.
  6. malakas

malakas Member

And the actual GM was strongarmed by the owner.

Gray_Jay and treyk3 like this.
  7. Clutch City1993

I do agree on not liking Tilman. Honestly would you rather have Morey or Harden? Hopefully both stick around for awhile longer.

8. BJE

BJE Contributing Member

Obviously a lot of posters did not watch CP3's drop off as a player last year. I have never been a fan of Westbrook, but we got an All Star who is 4 years younger, taller, and a much more athletic player. This is a major splash for the Rockets and a big win for our team. Let's wait until CP3 is 37 and still getting paid $40 million a year. Westbrick will then be 34, the same age as CP3 is now.

hakeem94 and RoyalGuard like this.
  9. Clutch City1993

Being top 2 the last 5 seasons in points, assists, steals and free throws says otherwise.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. Clutch City1993

People really crying about trading away a broken down CP3 when alot of us thought that contract wasn't even moveable.

11. malakas

malakas Member

Harden can leave but we can not.
    When this ends in disaster he can ask out, but who will be stuck with an albatross and no picks? We will.

Westbrook has made every star he played with to want to leave. And you believe that Harden will be happy after playing with him??????

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  12. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

I've been scratching my head at a lot of posts on this board, but saying OKC should add picks in a trade where they get a guy whose 4 years older, on a very similar contract, significantly more injury prone, and showing more decline for their franchise cornerstone player that won the MVP just two seasons ago? Come on now. Y'all are letting your Westbrook hate blind you

hakeem94 and rbenavides01 like this.
  13. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

14. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Actually you can leave anytime you want.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This is probably the least of my concerns. Westbrook and Harden are extremely close. I don't think they'll have any issues getting along. Westbrook won't demand Harden move without the ball. That appears to be the source of the frustration between CP3 and Harden is that CP3 went at Harden over the offense. Westbrook will be fine with it. Both take turns going one on one. Harden won't get mad at Westbrook for his horrible inefficiency and Westbrook won't care that Harden doesn't participate in plays when Westbrook has the ball.

BigShasta likes this.
  16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You are right, he's an exciting player to watch and that heavily factored into his MVP award along with the narrative of him having a revenge season after Durant left and he plays with a lot of open emotion and passion...

But it's not like he can't contribute to winning. He and Durant were about as successful as CP3 and Harden. That Westbrook isn't much different from the Westbrook of last year.

17. AstrosRockets1818

CAN WE START THE SEASON NOW??

RED NATION

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

Superstar is used as a general term. There’s only a select few I consider to be actual superstars. Not everyone has the same impact on the game. So no wb is no superstar. Someone who doesn’t make deep runs and consistently gets run out of the 1st round and plays badly in the playoffs is no superstar. Y’all are welcome to disagree with that if you want but in no way is it consistent

malakas likes this.
  19. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Empty stats.

20. malakas

malakas Member

I dont hate Westbrook at all.
    I hate the trade, the fit and now the owner.

Yes OKC should add a pick. Westbrook had a surgery again this summer. He was horrible last season.
    His contract is much worse that CP3's.
    He will have a shorter prime than even CP3 and a sharp decline when he loses his athleticism.

Gray_Jay likes this.