1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 2/24/2004

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 23, 2004.

1. oliver_67

oliver_67 Member

Also SF3 and Cat need to drive the lanes more often. Look at what Parker and Ginobli do for the Spurs on a nightly basis. Our guards have the ability to do so, especially SF.

2. silvercatt

silvercatt Contributing Member

Look I have NBALP but I missed almost the entire 3rd so i had to rely on the BBS for information. Someone said Yao got benched the entire 3rd Q. So I just asked why did JVC do that. Answer if you know something but dont add dirt in your answer thank you.

3. lalala902102001

We are just not that good.

End of story.

4. Compgeek

Compgeek Member

Defending Steve by bashing Yao? What freaking school you went to? They don't teach you anything freaking logic? Moron.

5. prlen

prlen Member

Blame yao?HAHA!
    how could Yao do it?if not touch the ball!
    when yao fouled Nesc hard on that off Board, u ought to get yao's feeling about guard's play.

6. prlen

prlen Member

Wrong.
    some of our players(or JVG) is just stupid!
    End of story.

7. lalala902102001

Yao's offense was great, but he has to get more than 4 rbs a game, especially against a team like the Spers...

8. scutmb

scutmb Contributing Member

IT's not IQ. First grade can figue out who should shot the ball more. Only problem is They are rocket 5 years, Yao, only 2 years, from which country? remember what Mobley said" Me. steve, J J can get 20 points anynight" He even not including Yao in his mind!!!!!

9. lalala902102001

which proves my point...

10. AGBee

AGBee Member

HOW bad does Mo have to play before Padgett can come in? Mo was 3-14 with 4 turnovers - absolutely awful. Cato wasn't a whole lot better. 1 upgrade at PF sorely needed...

11. C-Kompii

C-Kompii Member

Sure we don't really have anything to counter Tim Duncan... but

Timmy D: 27pts, 13rbn
    Our Powerforwards: 3-17 shooting, and lots and lots of turn overs

We lost it right there. Let the Bobcats take Cato and/or Taylor, we should try sign someone like Boozer... Those two have been doing alright this season, but simply not good enough for the amount they get paid, and the one dimensional game they bring in.

-G'day-

12. striker

striker Member

Kerr's right too Francis complains constantly. It's frickin joke. Only guys rival him for whining in this league are Cassell and Payton.

13. ttboy

ttboy Member

Yao was pulled with about 7 mins left in the 3rd quarter and didn't return till about a minute left, during which period there was a big momentum shift, so I was lamenting about Yao being out during that important stretch. I DID NOT mean literally that he sat for the ENTIRE quarter, apologies to anyone who couldn't watch the game and misunderstood me.

14. Charvo

Charvo Member

Bobcats aren't going to take Cato or Taylor. Rockets either trade them, or they are stuck with those 2 guys. I actually like Weatherspoon's play. He makes $6 million which is less than Cato and Taylor.

15. newmemo1

newmemo1 Member

JVG can criticize Yao for only 4 rebounds, but truly I don't know why Yao got only 4.

The coaching staff got to teach him...

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think I'm going to go put in my tape of the last Laker game and pretend this one never happened. Maybe I can imagine us playing that way all the time, instead of this one constant the Rockets have... their maddening inconsistancy.

Yes, the Spurs are a damn good team, as much as it pains me to say it, but we can beat them. What we can't do is stop beating ourselves.

17. silvercatt

silvercatt Contributing Member

thanks for clearing that up. :D

18. Beck

Beck Contributing Member

I think the rebounding is due to stamina for Yao. If he is very aggressive in getting position on offense, he isn't able to also be aggressive in going after offensive rebounds, as evidenced by him having either 1 or 0 offensive rebounds in 8 of the last 11 games, when he has been working hard to get open.

19. kting

kting Member

Couldn't agree more. This is why Rox home game attendence is so horrible... 'cause people are fed up with the selish, dumb play over and over...

Yao brought some buzz to the game last year and again the Rockets are still ...the same old except more National TV coverage thanks to ..you know who..

Did CD or JVG realize why people are not going to the game? The portland are catching up, it's still too early to say the Rox are already in the playoff.. there'll be another lottery season..if we don't make any major roster change...

20. oliver_67

oliver_67 Member

I love Yao to death, but these YOF are really annoying like wasps!

How can I put them on ignore list?:mad: