1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

First Alcoholic drink with a parent?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Jul 1, 2019.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

champagne when I was like 8 or 9. I thought it was gross.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Nah . . never trying to do that
    It would be more subtle .. . one on one type of thing
    I would never force him into anything or make him uncomfortable
    It was just an interesting thought I wondered about . .. and Clutchfans gives a nice sounding board about these things.

yea. . it is easier with HER PARENTS than your own :D
    I always felt weird doing three things in from of my mom
    1. Cursing
    2. Drinking
    3. Watching R Rated or Sex Scenes . . . . .. .

Rocket River

3. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mother has never been drinker. My Dad was an alcoholic until he was in his 40's. Never had the urge to contribute to his disease nor to see the awful person he was when he drank.

4. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Still dont curse around my family. Other family members let f-bombs fly around grandparents and everything, but I cant do it.

5. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Not so funny my ex told my 18yr she wants to do boomers with her. I am not pleased.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I had to look up what boomers was. I'll refrain from saying anything about it. Good luck with the situation though.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  7. Gdaliya

Gdaliya Member

Growing up in Belgium everybody had a sip of beer from time to time with their parents since a young age.

Funny though your saying it's weird drinking with family/ in front of your parents, for me it's weird to not see people drink at family meetings.
    Actually I'm the only who doesn't drink(health reasons) and it just feels weird not to drink.

8. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

My dad was drinking crown and coke one day when I walked up thinking it was just coke. I asked if I could have some, he said yeah. I pretty much spit it out. I still don't drink.

Rocket River likes this.
  9. SemisolidSnake

I love interesting questions like this. I really don't remember. It was certainly not some notable. Neither of my parents drank much. If my dad did drink, it would probably be when he was out with customers, and he'd drink way too much, but there was no real presence of alcohol around our house. I'm positive my first beer and my introduction to alcohol was with friends in high school. Not too many times, but a few times. It's possible my mom let me have a little champagne at New Years one time around that age. Maybe I had a taste of the punch at a Christmas party at her sister's when I was younger. I can't remember for sure. Again, nothing notable.

Now, something I would say is a fairly cherished memory with me was drinking with my grandmother a few times out at restaurants when I was finally of age. She'd always order a Manhattan. I loved that. Not wine or beer or anything girly but a real classic powerhouse cocktail. I think the first time we had dinner after I was 21, she ordered a Manhattan, and I ordered a Martini (dry, up glass, twist), and I just felt like we were the coolest drinking duo around. I still love Martinis. She passed away a few weeks before my sister's wedding, and I remember having a Manhattan at the reception. I don't know if it is was my mind as a tribute at the time (I had emcee duties to think about), but I'm sure she would've approved.

10. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Wine at Episcopal communion
    Champagne every New Year's at Hobby Airport Holiday Inn

11. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Hmmm, it was the year the Cowboys beat the Steelers in the Super Bowl. I was pretty young and hated the bitter taste. Ironically my father hated football but it was on because of company at the house. Good old Miller Lite, which I'm still not a fan of today.