1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Traveling to Boston

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ths balla, Aug 17, 2015.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Check out Cape Cod. By September most of the tourists have left so it shouldn't be so crowded and the weather should still be OK. I recommend Falmouth down on the south end of Cape Cod or Chatham and the National Seashore on the eastern edge.

2. ths balla

ths balla Member

**Bump**

So, I ended up not being able to go on the Boston trip back in 2015 but I am for sure going next week and have tickets to see the Astros play at Fenway, pretty stoked. Anything changed in 2 years that I should check out?

MadMax likes this.
  3. Bob Barker 007

Make sure to stand up at Fenway and yell, "Nomar (pronounced 'Nomah') is wicked good" over and over. The fans will love you there if you do that.

ths balla and Hustle Town like this.
  4. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

ths balla likes this.
  5. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Driving IN Boston is even a bigger nightmare WITH a GPS. Boston streets take every form other than straight, and that coupled with tall buildings means that a GPS will fail to register the correct street that you are on. I'd rather drive in Manhattan.

But it's worth it........awesome city (just not to drive in unless you've been there a while).

6. ths balla

ths balla Member

I got a hell of a deal on a rental car $9.99/day with enterprise & this might be my biggest fear. I am staying with family in Rowley which is a 30 mile drive north and ill be making treks south into the city that entire weekend.

7. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Contributing Member

[BUMP]

I’ll be headed to Boston the first week of September. Already got tickets to the Sox and Yankees game. Looking for recommendations on the best area to stay and any other recommendations as far as food, entertainment, experiences, etc.

Thanks in advance!