1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Attn: Morey Kool-Aid Slurpers and delusional "Calm down, we will still win the championship" homers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dream Shook, Jun 30, 2019.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Realistic fans....is that what you are called hahaha. Oh man. Let me tell you what you guys do, you are results based, thats it. You take no time to think about anything else. You dont look at context, you just think what you want to and dont try to learn or change your perceptions, even if they have no facts behind them.

Garner and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  2. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Still better than a Melo thread... not by much

The Hunted and Dacamel like this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

4. Dream Shook

Dream Shook Member

Lol no one made a "fake DreamShook account", I had never been on this forum before and signed up without knowing about the other "DreamShook."

The ai told me the name was available so I took it. Me and the original DreamShook have had this conversation before, a couple years ago, we good.

DreamShook likes this.
  5. Dream Shook

Dream Shook Member

Melo to Houston = THE KEY TO A CHAMPIONSHIP????

6. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

End Thread

7. HP3

HP3 Member

I also wonder how many you of you dudes think you know basketball better than Morey? I really do.

8. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

"There will be fireworks" - Tad Brown
    "We will have our pick of free agents" - Daryl Morey

Yes, we are the realistic fans. We are the fans that don't turn a blind eye to front office ineptitude. We are sick and tired of being promised the skies and seas every offseason only to end up with a couple vet minimums and a "we'll play the buyout market" promise. We can't rely on being the top buyout destination, for f*ck sakes.

Take that **** for facts.

9. Know Your Role

[​IMG]
    I can no longer express thoughts about the Rockets. I have to use pictures like crying Jordan.

#29 Know Your Role, Jun 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
    RocketRed84 likes this.
  10. beard4life

beard4life Member

“We’re going to have our starting five plus mid-level, be better than last year,” Morey said. “I think we’re the favorites going into next year.”

jerryclark and Dacamel like this.
  11. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

Remember how bad we wanted that drunk point guard from Denver. Ahh the Ty Lawson threads, I miss them.

HP3 likes this.
  12. Dream Shook

Dream Shook Member

This is the more succinct, abridged version of everything I said. Well done.

jerryclark likes this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

Really? This is the best you got? Look, I didnt like how the FO handled this, but these garbge threads calling for his job are stupid. Take a look, all the people who have hated Morey are callin for his job cause they never liked him. The reasonable people are just wishing he would have kept quiet. Cp3 deal was necessary. Like I said, you dudes are results based. No context.

And you guys need to stop worrying about how people "view" the rockets haha, it means nothing.

Gray_Jay and xaos like this.
  14. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Except he does this every single offseason. He never shuts his trap. Enough is enough, time to hold them accountable. I've spent thousands on this team, what about you? I'm ready to picket.

Dream Shook likes this.
  15. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Impotent rage is healthy.

16. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Wtf I thought this was really you for a second @DreamShook lol

DreamShook likes this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

Picket for what? He did the best he could, what do you think is gonna happen now that all this has happend? Are PJ/Clint/EG gonna quit on us??? Is that what you think? Like, if dudes dont want to sign here and hes obviously limited by the owner last year....so what is the deal? What did Morey do wrong besides the talking?

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

"Know basketball?"

Plenty of people. I think you are mistaken, or you mistakenly asked the wrong question. Morey is a general manager of a professional sports team. Its a responsibility that encompasses more than just basketball knowledge, it takes negotiating tactics and persuasion. Morey is not a professional basketball player. With 10 seconds left on the shot clock morey would not be able to tell you what the best play would be. If that were the case we wouldn't laugh at the idea of him ever coaching a team. He has never played organized basketball at even a highschool level. He is a manager, not a basketball player. So yes, there are plenty of people that know more "basketball" than him. I would say there are few people that are as good at managing a team as he is though.

joshuaao, Easy and Dream Shook like this.
  19. BleedsRocketRed

Context doesn't win championships. Results do.

joshuaao, 1Deep, jowman and 2 others like this.
  20. Dream Shook

Dream Shook Member

^ Drunken Morey in here lashing out at us on one of his alt accounts lol.

"Results based?"

Well, yeah, I'd say generally that results and winning championships are a pretty good metric of a team's success. Was that supposed to be an insult? :rolleyes:

jowman and BeardNation13 like this.