1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Rockets may be offering the farm trying to create space

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jun 26, 2019.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

sorry but this is not true. he was playing pickup all summer long -- from Drew League to UCLA Rico Hines to runs w/ Harden/Westbrick/Melo/etc/etc

J Sizzle likes this.
  2. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

I’m not doom and gloom, it’s just being realistic. CP3 lost a little speed and look how drastically that affected the offense.

5.7M won’t get us a higher tier role player. Hoping players take a discount isn’t a sound strategy.

Betting that PHI won’t give Butler the 5th year is risky. Listen to @Nook, the leaks look terrible if we don’t get JB.

Things just feel different since Luxury Tax Savings Man entered the picture.

J Sizzle likes this.
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

The guy is 34 and had a ton of injuries in his career, he had knee injuries almost in everyone of his last 5/6 seasons...i'm just saying i'm not expecting him to be as good as he was when he came here, but hey, if that happens great, that's what i hope.

malakas and amaru like this.
  4. Chad Butler

Chad Butler Member

So playing pickup means you weren’t rehabbing? He’s a basketball player. He’s going to play basketball.

I love my fellow Rockets fans but you guys on this forum sound ridiculous at times.

5. Chad Butler

Chad Butler Member

I understand. I just think this past season was a wash. He’ll adjust his body and his game. Especially with all the **** he’s been given this past season.

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

you don't play against pro players w/ a still recovering hamstring strain. also, you've been here a fuking week it's a bit too early for you to call anyone ridiculous.

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'd probably think the same if he was like 31/32, but like i said, hopefully you're right.

D-rock likes this.
  8. Chad Butler

Chad Butler Member

You do know you can play sports during rehab? It’s not a ACL tear.

And in my one week on this forum, I’ve seen many ridiculous statements and threads. Including that thread about Harden demanding a trade next year.
    And “WE NEED TO GET KEMBA.”

9. biff17

biff17 Member

What does any of that have to do with Portland being better or Utah?

We still had a top offense last year.

And yes 5.7 can get a high tier role player we got LUC for less than that.

10. UrbanEnterprise

this

its depressing coming on here sometimes

Chad Butler likes this.
  11. biff17

biff17 Member

Why are you always calling people out about when they joined?

Join date does not give someone greater wisdom.

There are plenty of ridiculous posters who have been here a long time.

SkareKrow, tinman, mikol13 and 4 others like this.
  12. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

@tinman @BeardNation13

13. Caprah

Caprah Member

Dude he is a troll

biff17 likes this.
  14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

his rehab was for a month after game 5. he then played competitive ball all summer. your premise that he wasn't able to get in proper shape last summer because of the hamstring injury is false.

15. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Agreed. Man like tinman have over 50K posts but it doesn't mean **** when all he does is talk about Jerry Lin. Then you have man like @Rasheed with few posts breaking news from SAS and Max

D-rock and Rasheed like this.
  16. Chad Butler

Chad Butler Member

You don’t just rehab for a month. He was focusing on making sure his hamstring was strong and prepared for the upcoming season and then that took away from him getting his body in better shape. Notice how players don’t come back in the best shape after rehabbing an injury.

17. Chad Butler

Chad Butler Member

It’s like the same takes I see on Boxden are on here but they’re all from Rockets fans here. I expected more from these guys.

UrbanEnterprise likes this.
  18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

where did you hear/read that the hamstring injury in may took away from getting his body in better shape the rest of the summer? i'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt to back up your claim. otherwise it's just very empty conjecture on your part

19. Chad Butler

Chad Butler Member

It was an interview from somewhere before the season where he talked about just getting back healthy during the offseason. He spoke about Carmelo too.

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

his media day presser refutes your claim.

2:00 mark -- "I took a couple weeks rehab when the season got over, and then it was back to work....getting ready for the season"