1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RIP Beth Chapman (from Dog the Bounty Hunter)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by NewRoxFan, Jun 26, 2019.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I used to be a big fan of the show (probably one of the few). Unusual family, almost cartoon-like, but pretty likable. Beth seemed very sincere in what she did. Sad to hear she passed...

'Dog the Bounty Hunter' star Beth Chapman dies at 51, husband Duane announces
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...an-dog-bounty-hunter-star-dead-51/1571157001/

2. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I actually met one of their sons a while back, pretty nice dude. She was a lot younger than I thought.

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Was she a smoker?

4. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, it seemed like a I recall her smoking on that show.

When I was in my early 20's, I had a co-worker that was in his mid 40's. He was in excellent condition, He never drank or smoked in his entire life. He'd play basketball with us young dudes and hold his own. One day, we were playing and he started coughing pretty hard. We got on him about finally getting old. Turns out he had lung cancer and passed away 6 month's later. Sometimes cancer has no ryhyme or reason. My father has smoked like a chimney all his life. He's 85 and not a spot on his lungs.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

RIP

Yeah, shocked that she was 51. If you told me she was 51 when they first filmed the show ~15 years ago I would have believed you.

I know that anyone can get cancer, but smoking beats the **** out of your body. Top it off with obesity and it's a fast ticket out. It's sad, but I don't have a ton of sympathy for anyone GenX or younger who knows the risks. Still sad, though.

tmoney1101 likes this.