1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Hawks @ Rockets 2/22/2004

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 22, 2004.

1. WasabiTheNinjaPimp

WasabiTheNinjaPimp Contributing Member

Well, we won, somehow, and damn am I glad. Also, I don't think the rockets got lucky on that last posession, they actually managed to make a defensive play when they had to, god knows they didn't play defense any OTHER time in the game. It also helped that Yao scared the **** out of terry the posession before.

2. oliver_67

oliver_67 Member

Don't want to dish SF3. He plays hard for the whole game and came in with some clutch plays...but...

SF3 took 20 shots to get 16 points.

Yao took one more shot and get 41 points.

Talk about efficiency, man.

BTW, what was Mo and Cato doing for the game?:rolleyes:

3. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

Yao=Rik Smits? :rolleyes:

4. fredy

fredy Contributing Member

I can't believe this forum is open. Usually it's to busy after a game and I don't get to post. Anyways this game gave me a headache, but I still love it. whew...

5. jzhang_88

jzhang_88 New Member

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

Awesome performance by Ming; any doubt about who is the future of the Rockets!? Another step up in his maturity and many more to come. If the Rockets can get some sharp-shooting playmaking guards to really play with this guy, there is no telling how great he can become and how far the team can go. Harder than it should have been, but still a great one to win. :)

7. looper

looper Member

we won!!!!!!!!

8. sup123

sup123 Member

im excited about the win....but seriously they were the hawks and we should of won this easily.

9. GRAYsquirrel

GRAYsquirrel Member

I LOVED how Yao took over down the stretch. He dominated!!! Even with 2 or 3 pesky Atlantians throwing hands and elbows at him and jumping all over him. Well Done Yao Ming!!!

Happy Birthday Steve!

10. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

Wow! That's lots of hearts shown tonight after the no-show last night at Dallas.

11. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

hahahahahahha!

12. rvpals

rvpals Member

God, you're so good. I should've ask you for predication for the Superbowl.

13. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

14. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

It shouldn't have been this close, but, damn, what a game. HUGE win. A loss would have killed this team.

Yao was the man. He took it in HARD on double and triple teams. He was nothing short of amazing.

Cat was huge with his big shots as was Jim Jackson (as usual).

GREAT, GREAT move by Van Gundy to insert Adrian Griffin into the lineup defensively late. Way to go coach!

Francis, God bless him, was horrific through three quarters, but he really, REALLY showed up late and they needed him. He was all OVER the floor with very few turnovers or mistakes and the team really needed his hustle.

They should have won by 20, but thank God for a win!!! :)

15. lovethisgametoo

Fans must be hungry after this loooong game....how about a good dinner treat of Chinese buffet :)

16. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

WINwho sweet it is :cool: :D

17. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

yeah bobby sura is just one of those guys that play really well but you dont hear of them that much, remember last year he stole the ball from SF w/ like 4 secs left and score the game winning layup for golden state with no time left and we lost by 1. One of the many 1 point games we lost that came back to haunt us as we missed the playoffs by 1/2 game essientially since we had the tiebreaker with phoenix.

as for the game itself i am happy in the final turnout but everyone is talking about JJ and Steves big shots, but all the starters, except yao shot a combine 20-60 which wont cut it at all

18. sabonis

sabonis Contributing Member

Not yet... they started with the twolves/spurs then the knicks/cavs

Its gotta be coming up soon

they must be putting together the highlight as we speak

Stuart

19. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

AFTER THIS GAME ALL I CAN SAY IS

"OPPS I CRAPED MY PANTS!!"

best game of the year for rockets fans

20. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Good win, but I think they are all exhausted and this is only the 2nd game out of 4 in 5 days and out of 6 in 9 days. I am a little worried if they have enough energy to fight back in upcoming games. A loss in SA is almost guaranteed, but as long as they can rebounce in the tough games after this would be fine. I hope they can get some rest tonite.