1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] expectation is that Butler will opt out and Rockets plan to target him in Free Agency

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Jun 21, 2019.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Proof that our own fans don’t watch our own players.

James Harden is many things, but he has never once in his life not gotten his teammates involved. Incredibly unselfish player that is dying to have someone else help him out. Stop listening to First Take...

BigMaloe, lilbird20, D-rock and 12 others like this.
  2. Asian Sensation

Lmfao

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i agree with this. his 61pt game against SAS was so remarkable because nobody else on the team could hit a shot. harden kept setting guys up and they couldn't convert/finish the plays. so he literally had to carry the team on his back to get that W

BigMaloe, luckyman76, Dacamel and 3 others like this.
  4. mockster

mockster Member

unfortunately jimmy cares about money. I mean CP3 is past his prime and took a big paycheck from us. All these guys care about money, but jimmy defiantly wants to come here if he gets paid. Will see maybe he will sacerfice one more year

5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

That was an insane performance

pippendagimp likes this.
  6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

the money comes out so so close in an opt in, 1+1 (get to 10 years service), opt out 3 year deal. He'd also almost make it up with a 1+4 and he'd get more security with a 1+5. Just don't waffle on him and give him the max on June 30, 2020. We'd be SOOOO much better if he opted in and let us maintain flexibility.

D-rock and luckyman76 like this.
  7. gulfstream

gulfstream Member

Do you think Philly would do that? They could just let him go and sign free agents. Maybe a 3 team trade.

8. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

This is one I'm definitely not F5'ing on. Beyond a pipe dream.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Sorry. Not diminishing JB who is better than EGo by a lot. Pointing out that EGo’s ‘intangibles’ level the playing uh, court to where it isn’t a slam-dunk talent comparison.

Also, short of an opt-in trade I am largely leery at value.

treyk3 likes this.
  11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

He was the one to follow.

12. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

lol - he's got $44M reasons to be pissed for one season alone - between their two contracts, there will be very limited maneuverability. Their first season together they were giddy as school children, playing well and joking back and forth that they'd never had another player on a team that could take the pressure off. Harden surely didn't expect CP to fall off the face of a Cliff Paul to become a fraction of what he was.To then be hamstrung by that contract 1-2 years sooner than they thought.... I can't imagine the frustration when you thought the guy coming in to help would become precisely the reason why you couldn't ever get another star to pair with him.

I don't see a path where that doesn't create frustration within Harden and lead him to determine that the best solution may be going elsewhere. Do you think Harden will still be in his prime at the end of the CP contract?

13. Bengchu

Bengchu Member

According to clutchfans if harden played more pretty offense it would make up for for capela getting outplayed by looney, chris paul not stepping up until game 6, the team getting murdered on the boards, and steph/draymond pick and pop absolutely tearing apart our defense.

BigMaloe, D-rock, luckyman76 and 3 others like this.
  14. mightybosstone

It's easy to look at Lou's numbers and say "Why didn't he do that in Houston?" But how about asking why he hasn't done that literally anywhere else he's played? Prior to coming to Houston, his peak PPG had been 15.5 (unless you count that small 58-game sample size for a garbage Lakers team that year).

It's not like Lou was putting up 20+ in Philly and Atlanta. Trying to blame Harden for Lou not producing better numbers is just totally absurd and unfair. The dude has peaked in his 30s because he plays for a Clippers team that has no true No. 1 and has pretty much given him the green light to do whatever the hell he wants offensively.

I'm happy for the guy and glad he's had success, but he's been a career 6th man for a reason—he's a terrible defender and his incredibly streaky offensive game is better suited to providing energy off the bench. But if Lou is your top offensive option and is taking 15-16 shots per game, your ceiling is probably a first round exit in the playoffs. Bottom line: Lou Will is no Jimmy Butler.

Dacamel likes this.
  15. bmelo

bmelo Member

Different offseason same ****. I will believe it when i see it

RyanB and Dacamel like this.
  16. ak99999

ak99999 Member

Yes, agree, as long as we find a decent center too.

17. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

kay, are we going to magically have cap space to sign Butler now?

18. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

76ers
    +6 players ($23.6m)

• [​IMG]
      E. Gordon
      PG
      0.74 PIPM
      $14.5M
      1 year(s)
      [​IMG]
      I. Hartenstein
    PF
    -0.89 PIPM
    $1.4M
    3 year(s)
    [​IMG]
    C. Chiozza
    PG
    -0.27 PIPM
    $1.4M
    3 year(s)
    [​IMG]
    G. Clark
    PF
    -1.04 PIPM
    $1.4M
    3 year(s)
    [​IMG]
    M. Frazier
    G
    0 PIPM
    $1.4M
    3 year(s)
    [​IMG]
    . Nene
    PF
    Free Agent, Player Option
    $3.8M
    1 year(s)

That puts us at about $130 million, leaving us with 5 starters and only $8 million under the apron to fill out the roster.

D-rock likes this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yeah I’m sure harden said come play with me for a year and not anything else. You so called fans aka drama queens love thinking with all the negativity in the world. Your lens in no way is how players themselves look at the game. You speak as if these two didn’t talk about years playing together. Yeah they’re that dumb apparently

You’re talking about this apparent frustration. So then why did cp3 want to resign with Houston after he hurt his hamstring. He played his ass off carrying Houston against gs for 3 wins. He got hurt in the process and harden couldn’t hold it down for a game :rolleyes:. You know why he resigned because it’s understood they both need each other in the end. If harden decides to demand a trade he fully realizes he can’t be the best player on a ship team. He had every opportunity to recruit a lebron James. Did he? Nope. Whose that on. Certainly not everyone else. Harden apparently being the only one allowed to be frustrated according to cf’s is nonsense

#120 YOLO, Jun 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2019