1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Trade Suggestion: Robert Covington To Rockets, Clint Capela To Hawks In Proposed 3-Team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jaychi, Jun 6, 2019.

1. tc0330

tc0330 Member

i just dont see this as a solid trade at all. if im giving up capela, i dont want "fillers" or roll players

hakeem94 and Sadboy like this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I don't know how Rosas views the roster other than he made it a point to say they wanted to build around KAT and that KAT was the core piece. He did not mention Wiggins who is making the max and that is OOOOF!

I could see the Wolves being ok to take a step back to take a step forward. They have a new GM and a new young coach. This doesnt look like the same trajectory they were on with Thibs.

3. xaos

xaos Member

Not sure it's that simple. Covington has improved tremendously and fits our team very well. Maybe it was a mistake to let him go or maybe there were priorities.

Ariza is a good example of someone that played for us under one role, left and came back to be a critical piece to our success.

snowconeman22, Y2JT, joshuaao and 3 others like this.
  4. BreakYoSelfFool

Lots of people complain about Morey not drafting Kawhi, but Marcus Morris wasn't a bad pick. Morris was more skilled and NBA ready at the time. Kawhi was the best defender in the draft, had ideal physical tools, and was definitely a fan choice, but offense was questionable and needed to improve just for him to be a playable option. Kawhi's elite defense got him on the court, but his work ethic and physical tools earned him the offensive skills that took him to the next level.

If you feel bad about the Spurs getting Kawhi, remember that later in the draft they also passed up Jimmy Butler, to draft Cory Joseph. Even they don't call everything right.

snowconeman22 and xaos like this.
  5. ball king23

ball king23 Member

you are right I would like a pick in return instead of players we already had

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Capela is just a role player who didn't play his role when it counted.

Sajan, BaselineFade and tc0330 like this.
  7. tc0330

tc0330 Member

good point, didnt think about that.

xaos likes this.
  8. tc0330

tc0330 Member

you right. im just being greedy i guess lol

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Morris was more skilled and NBA ready at the time, sure, but that's part of the problem. Morey was high up in the draft and one of the GMs who must not have paid much attention to the NCAA tournament that year. He gets fixated on that three point line.

Anyway, I'm just mentioning it. What's done is looooooooooooong ago done. As long as we don't have another summer like last year, where we add YMCA players so we can "run it back".

payaso likes this.
  10. SAT Prep

SAT Prep Member

I agree, but I think his poor play vs GSW falls partly on the coaching. Sure, CC will never be shaking people out of their shoes, but when the game slows down it would sure as heck be nice to be able to dump it to him for a + chance for a bucket. What I propose is that we pick X # of games this season and in said games CC will shoot the ball 20 freaking times, make or miss. I want sick sky hooks, dangerous dream shake attempts, and ferocious face up bankers. Force the issue. Shoot, we can do that with a great many of our bench. Let's treat the regular season like a prep for the playoffs and make sure we properly prep players (I call it the PPP).

It's like learning a new language. It's hard to fully grasp it in a conversational sense in the classroom. You need to look like an idiot at the bar and in a shop trying to stutter your way around.

The PPP is a philosophy and a way of life. If a sweet trade appears, do it. CC being here or there has no effect on the PPP.

Much love CFs

hakeem94 and snowconeman22 like this.
  11. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

only to have cov pick up where he left off in his last stint with the rockets. then replace him with another james ennis until he's waived before te deadline cuz "we can win a title w/o going into the tax".

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

If they can get this kind of haul and just move Clint, I would do it.

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  13. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

There goes that

Deuce, xaos, bulkatron and 3 others like this.
  14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

isn't that something.

Well, Atlanta no longer has the ability to take on Capela with little salary going out, we no longer have them as a real partner in trade.

saleem and snowconeman22 like this.
  15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

So a bad contract plus 2 first rounders for a good young player and a second rounder ?

16. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Even if they move Plumlee?

17. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

It was never a trade - this is just someone posting their random thoughts online. It's literally exactly what happens on this web board a thousand times a day with about the same amount of sources.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  18. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Cap space for a max (Kyrie for example)

snowconeman22 and BaselineFade like this.
  19. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Great trade for Brooklyn. Opened up a ton of cap space.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  20. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Maybe they are gearing up to absorb CP3 ;)

ROXTXIA, hakeem94 and BaselineFade like this.