1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rockets should only focus on keeping James Harden and PJ Tucker -Kendrick Perkins

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, May 12, 2019.

1. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

2. smp

smp Member

I agree. Everyone else is up for grabs. EVERYONE.

3. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Not a fan of anything Kendrick, but:

James is already disappointed. You don't trade away his brother if you want to keep him going harder for a ring. James and Chris are very close, but James and Tuck have a different bond that is closer.

And, it's just too soon. Rockets fans are going to hurt from this for awhile. I am. And, my confusion for the events in Game 5 and 6 goes very deep and specific for players, coach. slight disconnects caught on film...some similar Game 6 Spurs sentiments, but not James' play. He put up a strong game.

It's just deeper and too soon to talk about. I think all die hard fans feel drained. I know I do.

Deuce, GotGame15, today and 27 others like this.
  4. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

I know he is a free agent but I think Austin Rivers is a perfect compliment to Harden.

5. Whats a mid-range?

They really need one more player that can create their own shot. Maybe and I’m thinking out loud here bring in Isaiah Thomas off the bench and a Jabari Parker. Sad to say trade Clint for a more proven playoff center and we good. What you think?

6. Newlin

Newlin Member

Easier said than done. We have some players that we are stuck with.

7. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Rockets need 2 blow it up & trade Harden. Keep CP & let him play mentor to our new young core

slpntz and crimsonghost like this.
  8. JW86

JW86 Member

The problem is first with our philosophy, then mentality, then specific players. We had a damn good team this year, deep bench and still failed.

cheke64 likes this.
  9. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

So blow it up but keep the one who is aging and hindering our cap space!!!! Lol nice logic.

Stormy1234, Patience and topfive like this.
  10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

ya'll don't want crapela in a rockets uniform next season just based on the fact that i would be b****ing about that p***y nonstop

smp, RoyalGuard and Stormy1234 like this.
  11. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

Rivers is a good bench role player, but we need a lot more than just keeping him

Stormy1234 likes this.
  12. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

It's easy to say that, but how can we improve by trading Paul? Who will take that salary and give us pieces that will make us better? Not worse or a lateral move.

13. macan

macan Member

i agree, Harden the MVP and THICC the heart and soul could stay. everyone else should put on the table and see what we can get.
    i wish we could sign back P.Bev at a reasonable price (believe he's a free agent this summer)..
    P.Bev + PJ would annoy the hell outta worriers next year.

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

giphy.gif

#14 topfive, May 12, 2019
    Last edited: May 12, 2019
    rgw20014life and BigM like this.
  15. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

This was always the likely outcome of taking on the warriors and being the second best team. Will be interesting to see what morey does. Something has to change.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  16. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Rockets need to get rid of moneyball.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  17. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Actually - he’s one of the few people making sense.

This was Hardens first solid playoffs in my opinion. I have zero complaints and only praise with how he played. He was magnificent in the regular season and carried it over.

Everyone else fell. Coach included. Problem is - you have very little you can move to improve. Maybe nothing - unless relationships come into play.

Harden is your only piece that can bring a return.

While CP3 is done as elite - he can run a team and keep Capela relevant.

GotGame15, ryano2009 and Stormy1234 like this.
  18. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I'll be the calm one. I hurted more then anyone on here....but at the end of the day for the most part we couldnt get over the greatest team ever assembled. Really all we need is Jimmy butler....kd will be gone like lbj left the east. Be patient. Butler brings the talent gap closer...at the end of the day cp3 couldnt be ur 2nd best player cause of age n skill

Stormy1234 likes this.
  19. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Did you see the last 7 minutes of game 5? Or game 6 of the SAS series? Or the 13 turnover game vs GS? Just asking

20. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

His brother didn't step up to help him out until it was too late. Unacceptable for a dude getting paid 40 mill a year. Only 12-15 ppg a game is highway robbery.

Stormy1234 likes this.