1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Are You Forgetting About This Lose...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by slapyomoma, May 10, 2019.

1. Aware

Aware Member

I'm good after a couple of hours tbh. After so many heartbreaks i finally decided to stop carrying about sports as much as i used to.

still pulling for the nuggets or bucks cause **** the warriors though lol

2. THELANDLORD

THELANDLORD Member

Like an adult and blackout...

3. Aware

Aware Member

lol same.
    mute all nba twitter is a must.

out of sight, out of mind.

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

Hurts. Try not emotionally invest too much.

Anyone says "I am embarrassed by this loss" is a fool and should seek some help.

A freaking basketball team that you just watch them play should not, let me repeat, should not embarrass you.

5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I had the same question. Let's just turn this into a sneaky Pete thread.

6. Mr Chuck Norris

I’m in my car smoking. Thinking about driving to the beach.

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

I’m on whiskey #4. Thinking about starting a tailgating group for the Houston sabercats

8. igotwhipscollectingdust

Become a fan of the Lakers

9. Mr Chuck Norris

Got to go home and take off my rockets shirt though.

10. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Avoid anything NBA related.

DreamShook likes this.
  11. Homey the Clown

Fleshlight

12. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

you want to know the truth? only care about things you can control.

I want the rockets to win, and hell I'm pissed, sad, embarrassed, annoyed, etc... but tomorrow I wake up and worry about things I have control over in my life. I can't let myself stay upset over things that aren't part of my life, or are in my life but out of my control.

just say that's too bad and refocus all of this energy/emotion into bettering your own life. before you say the rockets should've tried harder, how will you try harder tomorrow? why not set the example yourself? the rockets may be losers but you don't have to be! I wanted to have a relaxing day off tomorrow but now I decided to have the heart of a champion and get up early to work on my dissertation, and then finish putting together some baby furniture.

push your life in the right direction and sports just becomes entertainment. the more I'm turned off by the NBA and disappointed by the rockets the more time I have to better my life. wouldn't you rather win at life than watch someone else win? even if that someone else is wearing a rockets jersey? listen, I would love a rockets championship, but at the end of the day its someone else's success, not yours. its not the rockets' responsibility to make you happy or feel like a winner. we've got to get up tomorrow and put in the effort we expected to see in our team tonight. they didn't show it but I'm going to win all the hustle plays this weekend until I lose this bad taste in my mouth. I'm not going down like the rockets did!

Mr Chuck Norris and YallMean like this.
  13. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

A lot of us gave up on the NBA last year. I liked scripted wrestling when I was 10. No need for scripted NBA when I'm 40. The NBA used to be my favorite sport but did not miss it one bit this year. Its over.

14. tnluong84

tnluong84 Member

me and gf taking shots of some Kirkland brand vodka from Costco.

15. YallMean

YallMean Member

I can finally get back to my normal routine to get my shiat done at work instead of checking on the rockets and this site once every 10 minutes throughout the day.

So yeah ...

Mr Chuck Norris likes this.
  16. amaru

amaru Member

I’m holding out hope D’Antoni gets canned even though his option was picked up.

17. TheresTheDagger

Last year killed off my love for NBA basketball as well. I admit though that....again...I watched the Rockets this year and ...again...I watched them flame out in the playoffs too. I'll be back next year I think cause the interest is still there. As long as that holds out, I'll keep watching albeit without my heart ever really being into it again.

But I'll be GOD DAMNED if I will ever spend a cent on the NBA again though.

18. Rockets1897

Rockets1897 Member

How you forget? Pop a Xanax or 2 and go to sleep

19. LonghornFan

20. LonghornFan

I had half season tickets at a midcourt suite 3 years ago. Two years ago I sold it and went to 25 games. Last year maybe 10. This year for the first time I can remember in my lifetime...zero.