1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We should dominate GS these next two games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Loneyroy7, May 9, 2019.

1. Fantasma Negro

2. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I agree we should be able to key in on Curry and Thompson. But if they unleash more motion with Durant gone I wouldn’t be shocked if they got MORE open layups. We very well could take these next two games. But I would not be shocked if we get blown out game 6.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I feel like the Rockets have never played well against an unhealthy Warriors team and I hope the team understands that Steph/Klay/Dray/Iggy are only a few years older from when they won a title and then won 73 games without KD.

One of the primary reasons Curry and Klay have been quiet thus far is because they can't get into a rhythm with inconsistent shooting opportunities and Durant's iso-ball. That's all gone now.

I hope the Rockets don't think this is the equivalent of the Rockets losing Harden.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I would be stunned if we get blown out in Game 6. The Rockets have lost 4 games to the Warriors this season. At home by 2 in the regular season. And by 4, 6, and 5 at Oracle in this series. And Golden State had Boogie in that home loss and Durant in those road losses(well, aside from the 4th quarter in Game 5). They'll have neither tomorrow night.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

I know this team, we play down to the competition. I know we were tired last night from coming back down 20, but we ABSOLUTELY let up. There are no guarantees we win game 6, let alone both

Warriors will shoot more threes now, which means more long rebounds. It’s not crazy to think that steph and Klay could both go off one of these games. So we have to be 100% locked in to the game plan on every possession, and we aren’t known to do that...

hakeem94 and snowconeman22 like this.
  6. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

That is why we play the games. Paul and Harden need to see this for what it is. The best chance they will ever have of getting a ring. Next year Paul is going to be older and I presume his game will deteriorate more.

The warriors are staggering.. Knock them the f*** out. The rockets need to come out with fire and act like the Warriors have their full cast. None of these loafing thinking it should be a cake walk.

jboslett and snowconeman22 like this.
  7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

GSW with Curry at the point is a completely different team. We better adjust QUICK. This is the equivalent of a good passing QB getting hurt, but the backup QB can scramble so you have to scrap your defensive gameplan.

hakeem94, Denovo and snowconeman22 like this.
  8. count_dough-ku

But that backup QB has one wide receiver and no running backs. The Warriors have two playmakers in Curry and Green and two scorers in Curry and Thompson. And Green ain't exactly reliable with the ball as his 2 turnovers and missed layup late in Game 4 demonstrated.

Thompson has to exert more energy at the defensive end now because Durant isn't there to pick up Harden when Iggy or Green are on the bench or switched onto other players. Curry has to handle the ball most of the game which will be a drain on his energy too.

If the Rockets don't beat themselves(as they did in Games 2 and 5 and nearly in Game 4), they'll win the next two games. They have too much depth and will outlast Golden State over 48 minutes.

hakeem94, Denovo and YOLO like this.
  9. Mike Breen

Mike Breen Member

Pretty big if tbh

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. count_dough-ku

Of course it is. But it's what's decided this series up until now. The Rockets were the aggressors and played smart(mostly) in Games 3 and 4 and won. The Rockets were timid and played lackadaisical in Games 2 and 5 and lost. Game 1 was an anomaly. The team just shot horribly and the refs got us out of whack with the horrible first half officiating.

hakeem94 and YOLO like this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

NICE

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

NICE THINKING

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

AWESOME

15. Rocketman03

Rocketman03 Member

Can't afford slow starts and find yourself down 20 like last night. Have to maintain a steady 10+ lead through out the game but it starts and ends with physical defense, limiting turnovers, rebounding, and putting up as many 3s as possible.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. biina

biina Member

So how come Curry made more shots with KD out?

17. YallMean

YallMean Member

You think talent wise we are now much better than them do we should not just win but dominate them?

The splash brothers without KD are stil freaking hell of a one-two punch, and Kevan Looney is outplaying our supposed third wheel in Capela. Dominate? Should?

18. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

You do realize those teams are we’re 4 Years ago? Still dangerous? Of course but not remotely the same team.

They had Barbosa, prime iggy, prime bogut, Harrison Barnes, prime Livingston.

Those guys arnt walking through the door

The rockets have no excuses the series is there for them to win.

Their 7 point favorites Tom night. Like it’s time to just hoop like Cp3 likes to say.

Also the biggest advantage we have now is tucker can now guard curry the whole game doesn’t have to chase around KD.

That’s the biggest advantage we have.

Plus Clint should be playable now and I would think the pick and roll will be wide open.

My personal opinion is the Rockets beat the crap out of them Tom and then game 7 is extremely tight the whole game and it’ll come down to rebouding like it has all series for both teams.

TOs shooting none of that has decided the games it’s been who wins the offensive rebounds and gets those 4-5 extra possessions. All these games have been single possession games for both teams it’s been a great series and it’s just getting started.

hakeem94 and YOLO like this.