1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 5/8/2019 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 7, 2019.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What a lost opportunity. Harden became strangely passive. Not sure if he was tired or what. He had, what, 1 layup and a free throw in the fourth? Hmmm. That was the time for him to really assert himself, and instead he receded into the background.

Ramo$e likes this.
  2. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

We have a soft coach. He tries to let the player figure it out on their own. Then why are you there? Our guys needed a fire lit under their ass, especially Capela. Cp3 wasn't focused he was mouthing of to f***ing old ass E40. They maybe thought because Durant went out they could feed the middle?! We couldnt buy a bucket. Curry and Klay missed so much they eventually found their shot.

Crashlanded19 and RocketTheory like this.
  3. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

SAS will be going in on him

PWR and amaru like this.
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Why not? We just had a whole half basically to beat them without KD.

If CP3 and Clint are going to play like this and if Curry and Klay step up then they will win this series.

5. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

yer entitled to your opinion... I'm jus sick of MDA and his freakin small ball!
    CC +8 Nene +4 - yet we lose by 5....
    Tucker cant do it all on the boards plus be our #1 defender...

6. DaMiAn323

DaMiAn323 Member

This has to be the most poorly coached team I've seen as a Rockets fan. So many dumb decisions..

7. AndtheRockets

AndtheRockets Member

Even more winning it in game 7 than it's already been known. With the fake KD injury. Lol gotta love the script

8. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Cp3 has been ****ing garbage the entire series and I am so disappointed in him. After harden won us game 3 and game 4, there is no reason why he shouldn't have the ball the last 2 or 3 minutes, like I dont get it, i seriously wonder what mda thought process in the last 2 or 3 minutes.

everyday eddie likes this.
  9. Drogba

Drogba Member

Golden State were forcing the ball out of Harden's hands the entire game not sure what you guys were watching. You guys prefer him to force Stepback 3's against Iguodala all game & pray they go in? You guys would be calling it heroball.

It's up to the coach to make adjustments

Little Bit, bcast89, Patience and 3 others like this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

No, they only won one game, and they had Cousins when they beat us before. That being said, im not feeling great about next game.

amaru likes this.
  11. amaru

amaru Member

Agreed. I wish he would have demanded the ball instead of allowing Paul and Gordon to brick. Hey, maybe he heard clutch fans complain about his ISOs and decided to let other guys try? o_O

BigShasta likes this.
  12. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Nobody is more optimistic when it comes to the Rockets than I am but not like that we can't.

Everyone whiffing on our team but Harden who shot 60% most of the night but just didn't want to shoot. Somebody needs to remind the MVP you miss every shot you don't take.

BasketMAD, Patience and gatsby like this.
  13. pippsux

pippsux Member

They missed a Golden opportunity tonight. It was put on a platter and we blew it. I appreciate the optimism, but this game was there for the taking and then you close at home.

everyday eddie likes this.
  14. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Seriously, what the **** is wrong with Capela? Look at those last 2 points for the Warriors for instance. It's like he didn't care if Thompson hit that layup or not. If you're 6ft 10 and supposedly strong, there's no way Thompson should be scoring that. He's just too soft. He couldn't control a pass. He was scared to go up with a layup.

2 key possessions at the end..... the one where Curry got his own rebound and the 50/50 ball at the end. No hustle tonight. The only 2 players that can hold their head up high tonight is Harden and Turker.

For us to advance we need all the players to step up. Capela and Paul have not turned up in any of the games. Not one. It doesn't help that Gordon shot like **** in the first half, but I'll let it slide because he's been good in the playoffs so far.

I think our chance of qualifying has pretty much gone now. We missed a big chance tonight after going into the final quarter level after coming from behind.

15. touring_low

touring_low Member

Fkn Klay was out of bounds on that last play, warriors get another help from the refs again :mad:

rhee and WestendMassive like this.
  16. WestendMassive

Isaiah Thomas on NBATV acknowledging that CP3 wasted a lot of opportunities down the stretch...

dcfma and ak99999 like this.
  17. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

No McHale, no band brothers save us again.

This is choke team.

Capela lmao.

everyday eddie and farhen like this.
  18. delta69er

delta69er Member

Well on the bright side if KD is indeed out the rest of this series, we’re now playing the same Warriors team that blew a 3-1 lead to the Cavs in the Finals so maybe we can get an encore performance from that group

19. nomiz1987

nomiz1987 Member

it's funny. last game with 8 minutes left the warriors down they were playing desperate and not wasting the shot clock running the ball up the court. but rockets this game 6 minutes left, always play so casually like they have so much time. we waste 8 seconds every possession while we walk the ball down the court and warriors defence get set up. i pretty much knew we weren't able to get back in this game with this style of play. such a waste of the time we had to win the game

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

MVP MIA
    $35M role player (if that)
    $15M charmin soft center
    Coach stubborn as a mule

everyday eddie and ak99999 like this.