1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Korean giant to NBA next year ?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by cho3821, Feb 4, 2003.

1. cho3821

cho3821 Member

Ha Seung-jin Endures Hard Training in America for NBA

http://english.donga.com/srv/service.php3?bicode=070000&biid=2004021232498

The sporting news

Ha Seung-Jin, 18, a 7-foot 4-inch, 325-pounder from South Korea, is working out in Los Angeles to get ready for the NBA draft.

Sports Illustrated reports he's learning English, but so far knows only two phrases, both of which should serve him well in pro basketball:

``Damn, you're fine'' and ``You're really hot.''

2. aries323

aries323 Member

I thought Yao and this kid played in the Asian tournament with this Korean kid picking up 3 early fouls against Yao and not really doing anything the rest of the way. I don't think he will be close to Yao's level of skill.

3. Strathead

Strathead Member

Yao absolutely dominated him in last year's Asian Championship. Those Korean writers were not doing the kid any good by saying so prematurely that he was already better than Yao. From what I see his doesn't quite have the limb coordiation Yao processes and he seems to be much slower than Yao. His body does look better proportioned than Yao's with his wide shoulders and long arms. I guess he'll be more suited for a banging style game if he keeps on adding the muscle.

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

just had to refresh this quote

5. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

the league needs centers and hey this guy is a physical specimen. those who said he's never played against Yao is wrong, they played last summer. hope they have good coaches over there in korea and he develops good footwork and post moves.

6. happy_bing

happy_bing Member

To be agressive is not enough in NBA,yao is a man of wisdom.He is cute and charming.I like him very much.Maybe it is not a new thing for NBA to have a giant AGAIN from Asia,and everything becomes common,I THINK.;) But I am also happy for him.
    e-mail:happy_bing@lycos.com

7. cho3821

cho3821 Member

Korean basketball player Ha Seung-Jin, a 7'-4' center, who recently graduated from high school in Seoul, South Korea, pause for a moment during a work out Tuesday, March 9, 2004, at the UCLA campus in Los Angeles. Ha Seung-Jin hopes to be picked in the next NBA draft.

[​IMG]
    Korean basketball player Ha Seung-Jin, a 7'-4' center, who recently graduated from high school in Seoul, Korea, works out Tuesday, March, 9 2004, at the UCLA campus in Los Angeles. Ha Seung-Jin hopes to be picked in the next NBA draft.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

i think that might be a good nba comparison for him.

but hopefully he can improve. i don't think the nba has seen a 7-3 guy with the type of power that some say he has.

9. cho3821

cho3821 Member

10. happy_bing

happy_bing Member

His body looks much stronger than yao and he is younger than yao.But it is hard to predict.Who is better?Becoming a great player needs many factors such as chances minds brains and injurys ,like Grant Hill.

11. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

One of the things that is making Yao great is his passing ability and his intelligence. He has picked things up quickly, and adapted at an unbelievable rate. I'm not reading or hearing anything of that sort about this Korean kid...just that he has a lot of power in his game. I could see him taking a lot longer than Yao to adapt his game to the NBA level.

12. happy_bing

happy_bing Member

Many chinese people are concerned about the next NBA players like yijianlian& chenjianghua now .They have chances to play in the other position such as forward and guard in NBA.They can be a powerful support for yaoming in Olympic 2008. Yaoming is yaoming ,the korean giant is just him himself.I just want to say" Don't underestimate a chinese people "I am not a chinese.
    Yaoming is not sissy,yaoming is the mighty.Good muscles can't mean anything.Don't abuse yaoming,because he is big.:cool:

13. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

I sense Priest Lauderdale part deux.

14. cho3821

cho3821 Member

15. Knight

Knight Member