1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tmac - Rockets should start Austin Rivers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, May 2, 2019.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

And the dumbest hot take of the week goes to.....Tracy!! Come on up and collect your prize: lifetime supply of tampons.

s3ts likes this.
  2. SemisolidSnake

Rebounding's a straw man argument here. As in we damn near literally have a man made of straw at center, currently.

pr0wler and juanm34 like this.
  3. SemisolidSnake

I'd say a lot needs mixing up. If the team could decide to just straight-up let Paul run the second unit, you could start Rivers in his place and have a very explosive duo at your guards to start the game. At the same time, though, we need size, so I'd say move PJ to the 3, and let the dread brothers Nene and Faried start at 5 and 4 respectively. PJ's hitting his threes as much as anyone, and he's the damn heart of the team, usually. He and Rivers are practically sustaining the team these playoffs.

Yeah, I know, this is all sorts of mixing it up. Crazy, right? Oh, come on, we've had five ugly games in a row; what continues to go on is already crazy.

Meanwhile in the second unit, you have Chris Paul, the distributor, running it. Paul to Gordon for wide open looks has been a consistent winner. Bullard talked it about ad nauseum even when it was already clear to see. Clint is lost, so maybe put him against Bogut; see what happens, I dunno. Paul is certainly no stranger to making lobs, so he can find a potentially-open Capela as well as anyone. And he'd be very willing to do that as opposed to Harden who has the burden of whether to score or pass every time he drives. (Hint, James: score.) Plus, if Paul decides to cancel that play, he's the only one that can pull off that short fall away shot as a safe alternative. I guess House would be the 4 in that lineup, and I'm sure House could benefit from some Paul distribution as well. Who plays the 2? I don't know. At some point you're going to need Green out there to just see if he's nailing shots that night.

Yeah, I know there are gaps in this plan. Much of it comes down to our big men. Nene doesn't have the stamina to play starter minutes, and Clint is...well nothing right now. But it's not like you have to commit to a whole game of this, either. At this point, "crazy" experimentation is looking just as viable as staying the course, if not more so.

Sadly, none of this will happen. I'll settle for Rivers getting as many minutes as possible at least. Sorry, TMac, I've been calling for that for a few games now, so I'll be waiting politely for my credit next time you're on air.

4. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

Lol, House and Faried have looked even worse that Capela

tinman, lnchan and juanm34 like this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

@tinman posted an ESPN video.. We are in the endgame now... Only one possible outcome out of millions to victory. A couple of us or going to have to die.. and go back in time.

#25 DreamShook, May 2, 2019
    Last edited: May 2, 2019
  6. PhiSlammaJamma

Rivers is nearly washed up. He's played better than expected, but really, this guy was hanging on by a thread. We need rebounding right now. More. Not less.

7. Voltik

Voltik Member

Yes, they haven’t played well at all. However, we can not lose rebounding to their death lineup of small ball. It should be their weakness when they go small. Donkey is neutralizing Capela’s length by using his body to completely box him out and is also probably holding him. Either insert Faried or House for rebounding, if a starting lineup change needs to be made. House is shooting very poorly but should be able to defend the perimeter better than Faried.

8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Today he basically said Utah started it and now warriors are doing it by literally begging harden to take mid range jumpshot but they know we won’t do it.

Reminds me of the spurs series years back.

That’s how teams are defending us now because they know we won’t take mid range shots.

They had a good segment today about our system as did first take with SVG.

He said our offense is basically harden PnR or harden ISO and when you play better teams in the post season it will make it hard to be successful when they gameplan more to stop what you like to do.

It’s interesting to say the least.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Nah

But .. . . I do recall that Taking out TMac and putting in Artest
    was a major adjustment that got us to the Second Round

Rocket River

Patience, Remlap, tinman and 2 others like this.
  10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

For real.

Nook likes this.
  11. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

THATS more baseball. What about the Landry’s Lackies

tinman likes this.
  12. s3ts

s3ts Member

TMac ain't ****. He wants us to get swept because he's the worst superstar player ever in the history of basketball.

13. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Secret message is " T-mac wants Rockets to get swept."

tinman likes this.
  14. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

I think we definitely need manimal’s energy to counteract draymond. Clint is a speed player... he can’t really bang that well. Start Clint run him hard the first and 3rd qtrs. He’s like a 6 10’ wide receiver out there.

15. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

If Nene’s been outplaying Clint that’s your center sub. Not a sub 200lb. 6’4” journeyman guard with a streaky shot and even streaker defense.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rainforest Rowdies

MiddleMan likes this.
  17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tmac said 'Mike D'Antoni needs to make Adjustments'

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's important NOT to hit the panic button

19. Fantasma Negro

I agree they shouldn't start Capela, they need to start Faried with PJ at the 5

20. Big Shot Bob

Big Shot Bob Member

Throw a curveball and start Gary Clark. Boom!