1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey Has Done It Again

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Apr 28, 2019.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

He did. He didn't say this directly about trying to get Jimmy, but Morey said he was trying to figure out what was going wrong with the team and he was desperately trying to fix it while taking all the blame. He said it in multiple interviews and podcasts. He mentioned how he was frantically trying to fix the problem in a podcast with Bill Simmons. Morey was even more candid in the most recent podcast of The Full 48 where he says he thinks the Rockets are better than GSW.

This is why I trust what Morey says. He isn't trying to sugar-coat anything. He tells it like it is. He isn't trying to lie or put lipstick on a pig. If he makes a mistake, he says he made a mistake, and tries to fix it.

Morey loves to talk, he is more forthcoming than you realize. You remember how angry Clutchfans was when he said he was obsessed with beating GSW?

#41 DreamShook, Apr 28, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    D-rock and RayRay10 like this.
  2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What exactly did he say? I listened to that podcast but don’t remember him saying that.

3. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Always grateful to have daril, arguably the best in the league. A shame his moves have been limited by our “financial troubles” otherwise i believe we would be odds on favorites again like last year

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I was listing to the pod at 2x speed so maybe I misheard but I remember he said the Rockets were better than GSW. Maybe he was talking about depth. But I remember him saying he thought Rockets were better.

#44 DreamShook, Apr 28, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  5. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Considering how many Houston Texan fans there are on this board, in comparison to that franchise & it's leadership (GM) you'd think Morey would be so popular & appreciated here that Clutch would have given Morey his own subforumn for all topics Morey related by now.

Having a GM you FEEL like you can really trust to make rational, well thought-out, and intelligent GM decisions is a truly wonderful thing. Even though we haven't won the chip yet, I always feel with Morey at the helm we are headed in the right direction. As a fan that is refreshing and important.

Mathloom and D-rock like this.
  6. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

This.

I can’t even tell the difference between us, the wizards, and the kings. I mean, why not just go post on the King’s board instead of this one?

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Then Morey gets lucky a lot.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Another year where the Rockets are the only team that has a chance of beating a team with 4 HOF players.

D-rock likes this.