1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Houston Rockets are unlucky Franchise.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamShook, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Its not bad luck.

It's incompetency and well-deserved.

It's not taking care of business at the beginning of the season with boneheaded player additions that cost you wins....

...and drop you to the 4th spot.

J.R., ElPigto, TheRealist137 and 2 others like this.
  2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It is indescribable how unfortunate the Rockets were these past two nights.

This season has been filled with misfortune

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't know.. I felt there was something to playing them in the WCF. Plus, you think the league will let GSW lose in the second round!? I'm warming to the pragmatic idea of meeting them early with a healthy CP3 though.

J Sizzle likes this.
  4. Stardog75

Stardog75 Member

It's completely counter-intuitive, but I think the Rox have a better chance of beating the Warriors in the 2nd Rnd than WCF. Would you rather have to have CP3 play more or less games before facing GSW? Less opportunity for injury! Would you rather have Curry with more or less time to get his ankle to 100%?

5. PhiSlammaJamma

This is clutch city. We want it this way.

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

This. We meet gsw while cp3 can still play.

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Can someone logically explain to me why this is the worse scenario??

Utah is a better first round matchup then OKC (and probably SAS... sorry, but Pop constantly our coaches MDA).

Then you get GSW theoretically at full health.

Steph MIGHT have an ankle tweak - so get him earlier. And ankle tweak or not, the Warriors getting the Clips followed by either Portland or Utah would have them rolling and feeling really good.

Sooner is better. That seems obvious to me!

Harrisment likes this.
  8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yeah. Silver won’t let his cash cow only make it through 2 series. He’ll phone it in, not a doubt. Foster, Mauer, and Brothers every game if needed.

9. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

The basketball Gods do not think cheapskate Tilman Fertitta deserves a championship.

10. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

Wrong, worse would have been to somehow play OKC in the first round, then GS/Denver. However, you knew if they were any good they'd have to play GS/Den either way. Might as well get GS first while you're healthier (and with a history of playoff injuries). Imagine having to slug it out with Denver after a tough OKC first round, then having to face GS with a physically/mentally fatigued team.

Yes it's not as good as getting the #2 seed but doesn't alter the road to the title all that much. You were never going to have HCA against the Warriors. Fix your problems, get healthy and give em hell. If they're not good enough to beat GS, then it doesn't matter if they lose 2nd or 3rd round.

11. Newlin

Newlin Member

I really don't see where luck played a role. The Rockets got outplayed by the Thunder, and then their fate was in the hands of other teams. The Rockets need to learn to take care of business and stop giving up big leads.

KePoW and Zboy like this.
  12. Stardog75

Stardog75 Member

Yeah, you are completely forgetting about the 1995 Regular Season. Also, I seriously doubt the Rox win the title in 94 if the NBA didn't have 5 game series in the first round and Mutombo's Nuggets pulled the biggest upset in NBA history to that point against the Sonics. The Sonics OWNED us until we got Clyde.

#52 Stardog75, Apr 11, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

Alright cool, second worst case scenario lol cmon man.

14. HP3

HP3 Member

I would have preferred that to this, Denver is not in the same tier as GS, and Utah may be just as hard as the Thunder. We would smash Denver easily. They can not hang with us.

This part I can agree with I guess.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Fans want a participation ribbon for making the WCF and losing to the Warriors. :)
    "We were so close!"
    Saying you lost to the Warriors in the 2nd round doesn't sound as cool.

16. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I’d be with that had the Rockets not already lost twice to the Warriors in the WCF in the last five years.

We don’t need participation medals. We need to beat the GSW. Round doesn’t matter.

J.R. likes this.
  18. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

I think last game was a loss equivalent to cp's hamstring last year....in all honestly a second seed healthy after a gentleman sweep in round 2 of the nuggets to play the warriors would be our best shot. Reason being because its just the way the NBA works bro. how many 4 seeds land in the WCF??? ill save you the search its 6. 1 has gone to win the Finals. It's not easy to realize mentally after this first round and all this hard work in the second part of the season we have to play a warrior team for all the marbles.

...only positive i will add is steph getting hurt and possibly less pressure on the rockets.

19. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

The main problem of the Rockets players is their ego, especially Chris Paul terrible $40 million a year contract, cost a Trevor Ariza and other solid Free Agents the Rockets couldn't sign, sitting out a game vs the Cavs and lose it, James Harden can't carry Chris Paul absence every game.

Why didn't Chris Paul sign as a Free Agent, More money

If Chris signed as a Free Agent, I think the Rickets still have Patrick Beverley, Montrezl Harrell, Lou Williams, Trevor Ariza, Sam Dekker, kept our 1st Rd Picks.

PG Chris Paul, Patrick Beverley, Austin Rivers
    SG James Harden, Eric Gordon, Lou Williams
    SF Trevor Ariza, Danuel House, Sam Dekker
    PF P.J. Tucker, Montrezl Harrell
    C Clint Capela, Kenneth Faried, Nene

The depth would've rested the starters more and provide more bench points.

20. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

You’re right, except this isn’t the worst scenario.

3 seed vs OKC was the worst scenario.

chadyang and DreamShook like this.