1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

On the bright side of this loss

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Red Nation RGV

Question, in the three losses to the thunder did we have fully healthy lineups? Tonight we did but what about the other two. Can't recall

2. JBAC123

JBAC123 Member

That corner dagger shot was brutally........

3. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

There is no bright side. This was a choke job. Rockets need to take a look in the mirror and get their **** together for the playoffs in terms of this giving up leads bullshit.

4. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

No need to be upset. It is what it is, we blew the 2nd seed away now time to regroup and focus on the playoffs.
    Cp3 said no team can beat us in 7 game series, if that's true let's see if they are about it, and I believe that's true when they are healthy. Just because okc won the reg season 3-1 it doesn't mean a ******* thing in the playoffs, if we face them will beat them in 6 games.

hakeem94 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  5. YallMean

YallMean Member

Lol. Why everyone is assuming the Blazers wants to move up to 3rd to play OKC?

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I’ve just watched the team throw away more games than I’ve ever seen a team throw away, and it’s been 82 games and they’re still allowing it to happen. There’s no reason to believe it’ll be any different in the playoffs. Maybe it will be, and I hope it happens, but there’s no evidence this team can get it done like last year’s team. Last year’s team doesn’t allow stuff like this, while this year’s team is mentally weak when it comes to closing out games.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Let's go Lakers!

Win it for Magic!

Tfor3 likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If both teams are healthy, it could go to 6 or 7 and players would be close to having an injury or getting worn out.

I dun think it's so positive. Thunder is playing a tough brand of bball where injuries can occur.

9. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Agree, but in all honesty I firmly believe we will beat them in the playoffs.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No bright side to this loss. We just choked under pressure, even with Denver handing us 2nd place on a silver platter. Once again the hot shooters from behind the arc became ghosts as James took over and tried to be the hero.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

And if Westbrook has a great season in efficiency, half of Harden's efficiency, this is a wash.

The only reason I am at least positive.

I have to say I trust PG13 and WB more in the clutch, they share responsibilities.

If only CP3 was couple years younger and Ego could handle the ball better.

12. cur.ve

cur.ve Contributing Member

gordon really shat the bed with his decision making. bad passes. jumping in the air. really bad. can't believe harden choked on the free throw -- but that's not his pattern. house was bad tonight, but really the 4Q choke job can be attributed to:
    • gordon making bad plays
    • harden being passive, passing up the ball and getting the other guys who don't handle the ball out of sync
    • settling for 3s as the clock winds down instead of attacking
    • did I mention gordon sucking at decision making?

hakeem94 and slothy420 like this.
  13. Denovo

Denovo Member

He only had 4 shots lol. If your gonna single out any one player it would be Gordon. House barely touched the ball tonight.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Kinda funny to think that if Shumpert plays and makes at least one of those shots that House bricked we win lol

topfive likes this.
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

This is why i keep saying this, i still like Gordon overall, bad games happens, but imaging if we would've had Butler out there...i really hope we can make that happen this summer.

16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Bright side is no injuries

Curry rolled his ankle and left the game today.

I can hang my hat on health.

hakeem94, Patience and topfive like this.
  17. icewill36

icewill36 Member

i hope the lakers pull off this win tonight, and the bucks dont rest and beat the thunder. that would be perfect

18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Having MDA matters apparently

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The 1st and last game both teams were healthy.

In general rockets and thunder game have been close. I would rather play another team.

Red Nation RGV likes this.
  20. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

101-101 tied

104-101 Blazers