1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Broadcaster says James Harden is cheating the game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Roxs-Redemption, Apr 3, 2019.

1. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

Here's what I hate and what I don't understand about dumba$$ comments like Don Maclean's.

There are lots of players in the league bigger than Harden (Lebron etc).
    There are lots of players taller (KD etc). Lots in better shape (all of them). Lots with better shooting skills (Curry etc) . Lots that have better handles (Kyrie etc). etc etc and etc.

But none of those world class athletes are breaking the game like Harden is now. Why?

Because he's freaking smart, loves to play the game, and is committed to getting better.

Change the freaking rules. Take away the three point line or raise the basket 8 feet. It won't matter. Because players like Harden, and Hakeem in his heyday, will figure out how to win.

Damn we are blessed to get to watch this guy in his freaking prime.

2. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I and others have posted this before but Frank Isola outed the Media on this one. Harden is not a SJW combined with him being too "urban" for them because he hanged out with THOTs at strip clubs. Harden is one of hundreds of professional athletes that do this and a young man but they took a particular hating to him on an almost universal scale. Is it really that surprising? The Media is soo progressive but just look at history. I don't like Brodie or Wall because of their play but Cowturd has a particular view on them that is a LOT different than others. He used to lump Harden in there but had to backtrack.

3. Handles

Handles Member

“The way Harden puts the ball in the bucket at will and orchestrates the best offensively rated team in NBA history is cheating. CHEATING!” - Known steroid user, Dawn Mcclean

RyanB and hakeem94 like this.
  4. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Hell no I'm not done yet with this idiot. The whole time this tool is whining about "the right way to play" and "moving the ball around" Harden is conducting a HOCKEY ASSIST CLINIC!

James Harden Hockey Assists:

4th quarter 9:00
    2 defenders try to double team and trap Harden mid court. Harden with no look bounce pass splitting the 2 defenders to House who then drives on help D trying to recover, kicks back to Gordon for wide open 3

4th quarter 7:35
    As Don Maclean is complaining about "Harden should get more people involved" again 2 defenders try to double team and trap Harden mid court. Harden passes to House again who again drives forcing the help D to leave Clint open for the easy lay in.

4th quarter 7:11
    Don Maclean is still b****ing about Harden's style of play. Again House brings his defender to Harden midcourt. Harden splits the defenders, drives all the way to the paint, no look passes (it's an astonishing pass) to Rivers on the 3pt line, Defense tries to recover on Rivers, Rivers passes to Gordon at the corner 3.

4th quarter 6:28
    Pick and Roll Harden and House, Harden leads House perfectly with a bounce pass, defender comes to House and House lobs it up to Capela for the dunk.

#124 cdrive, Apr 4, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    Handles, RyanB, joshuaao and 7 others like this.
  5. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

Dangit, now we have Colin on our side. Even he was won over by Harden's season...

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

Haven't you heard? It turns out that anyone could do this well if they were in Harden's situation: The lead guy on an MDA team who's allowed to do whatever the hell he wants with no consequences.

RyanB likes this.
  7. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

lol we have definitely made an impact. Dons wikipedia page has ten lines on it and two of those lines are dedicated to him receiving severe back lash against Harden.. this within 12 hours of the game..

8. BigBum

BigBum Member

Manipulation is illegal word.

Who is he?

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its probably that osama bin laden looks and it snowballed from there

RyanB likes this.
  10. topfive

topfive CF OG

A big reason why Harden is suddenly starting to win some people over...

Best 5 teams since the All-Star game:
    1. Rockets 18-4
    2. Clippers 15-5
    3. Blazers 16-5
    4. Jazz 16-5
    5. Bucks 15-6
    We're #1 and just demolished #2 on their home court.

No wonder McClean is extra-salty.

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

to be fair lebron was in the east for a decade, in miami and cleveland, where he could do whatever he wanted and he even had shooters and allstar teammates to draw attention away from him and LeEast never came near hardens numbers or domination...not even close

ryano2009, RyanB and waytookrzy079 like this.
  12. coyotetex

coyotetex Member

13. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Sorry I was just listening in my car.

14. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

I wonder if he’s ever said that about Lou

RyanB likes this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

Doncic is only a rookie and is already averaging 6.7 free throws a game with a 41% FTR which is a little bit below Harden’s FTR of 45% this season

we’ll see if fans and the media keep that same energy when Luka is averaging 8-10 free throws a game and “traveling” on all his stepbacks...something tells me he’ll be loved and not receive anything close to the hate Harden gets

they are mad that he is able to do stuff that no one else in the NBA can do...they’re mad that Harden can get to the line 10+ times every year while their favorite player struggles to get over 7 or 8

waytookrzy079, BigMaloe and hakeem94 like this.
  16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It's more nuanced than this.

The hate for Harden in the media has origins beyond his free throw attempts. I honestly believe it stems back to the dislike for Daryl Morey and "moreyball" in the media. These guys really hated Morey's analytics and then Harden became a target of that ire because he was the perfect player for that style. They feel (subconsciously) threatened by "nerds" "ruining" the game. I think that's the genesis of the hate for Harden and then it has built from there.

BeBreezy, RyanB, BigMaloe and 6 others like this.
  17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It's crazy. Everyone is coming to Harden's defense when most of these media members have been saying it for a while. Maybe they have never heard themselves sound so foolish until now. They have all come to a, "Is that how I sound?" moment.

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Amin El Hassan roasted this joker today on NBA radio.

He was like "Who said he was cheating? Who said it?" Other host: "Don McClean." Amin: "Ah man..I'm just gonna say it. THIS DUDE CHEATED BY TAKING PEDS! HE'S CALLING HARDEN A CHEATER FOR BLOWING HIS TEAM OUT? HAHAHAHAHAHA"

Maybe not those words...

19. Rockets Fan Trapped In MN

Rockets Fan Trapped In MN Contributing Member

I also think that the juxtaposition of McLean's criticisms essentially calling Harden a ball-hog, with 3 straight Rocket's possessions of crisp ball movement (borne of attention on Harden where he was a willing passer) was just too ironic and ridiculous to ignore. Even Lawler (who I love) was low-key "You Can't Be Serious".

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

I see that from a media perspective...what I said mostly applies to the fan hate

CF played its part too turning Harden into a meme with that LOF defense video irreparably tarnishing his reputation

now if u want to dismiss Harden, just say he plays no D and is 1 of the worst defenders in the NBA, and the majority of people will agree...it’s slowly been getting better, but it’s been 6 years