1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ocasio-Cortez tweets and other news

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Aug 26, 2018.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Gee...look how much easier things would be if you had simply answered that to my first response to your comment as your implication was all (as in one of your previous posts where you did say all billionaires pay zero tax).

2. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Go see that liberal vs conservative thread with the image i made. One poster on here was clueless why he hated the left so i made that for him to show him he has views on the left just like everyone else.

Show me you are not lazy.

3. adoo

adoo Member

ur back-pedaling lazy one.

u can't even name one new one

4. bobrek

So...which of my posts prove I'm an anti-progressive? No where do I say people/companies shouldn't pay the taxes they are required to pay or that loopholes should not be closed.

5. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

I do not have access to tax returns of billionaires. Therefore I cannot prove or disapprove whether or not they’re paying their taxes. But I can prove billion dollar corporations listed on the US stock exchange are not paying their taxes.

Also, that sounds like miscommunication on my part. The great thing about being progressive is I can change my views (based on new evidence or not) and not give a **** what you think.

You can call me elementary school names like flip flopper, but that is just part of being an adult.

6. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

It is midnight but one second

7. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

#1487 Jump Ship, Mar 24, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  8. bobrek

Show me ONE post where i have called you a flip flopper (or something similar). Once again, you won't find one.

As I have said before, at the very least, Bill Gates and Warren Buffet both said they pay taxes. So, either they are liars or your claim that no billionaires pay taxes is patently false.

9. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

You said moved the post or something like that a few posts back. Yeah, i moved the post because conservatives have a tendency to get stuck on one thing, have literal fixations, and do not get hyperbole.

Seriously pc.

Listen we can dig deeper in this if you want. But you really need to get sarcasm.

10. bobrek

So you just admitted that my comment that you moved the goal posts is true. And that is different from a flip-flopper.

11. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

I made the mistake of using hyperbole in a debate with pc conservatives.

I corrected that by saying i moved the post since you do not get sarcasm.

You accusing me of elementary things like moving the goalpost when I’m just being sarcastic is similar to when a conservative calls someone a flip flopper like opinions cant change.

You are either intentionally distracting, trolling, or extremely pc.

12. bobrek

Nope...just challenging someone when they say all billionaires pay zero taxes. And you continue to toe that line. So is it hyperbole or not? You have written on at least two occasions that since you don't have access to their tax records you have no idea if they pay or not and on at least those 2 occasions, I have pointed out that at the very least, Gates and Buffet have said they pay taxes to counter your claim. So again, is it sarcasm, hyperbole or a real claim?

13. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Hyperbole.

You clearly know what i meant by now. I have even admitted to moving the goal post.

I don’t have access to Bill Gates tax return, I don’t have access to Warren Buffett tax return. I cannot tell you what they pay in taxes. I cannot tell you if they are lying. But I do know Microsoft paid 15 percent income tax in 2016 on pver $20 billion income.

The rate is 35% at that bracket. Also, Berkshire Hathaway saved $30b due to new tax reform and rates. Therefore, they are not paying their taxes.

14. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Two examples of the companies owned by the individuals you kept defending over the past couple of weeks. Interesting.

Arguing with pc people is kind of a waste of time. They want every statement you make to be factually correct. Sarcasm is not allowed. No hyperbole. They attack any obvious statements you make to 1 up you and prove they are smart.

Dude, woooooooooooooooosh. The point went way over your head several times. People like you kinda hold society and any type of real discussion back. Do not be a tool.

Goodnight.

15. conquistador#11

This is real, folx.

16. Buck Turgidson

Are you not lazy or are you not a millennial?

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

18. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Historian with the smackdown...

20. King1

King1 Contributing Member

The most ignorant politician ever

jcf likes this.