1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 2/9/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree with this, Chris was just moving the ball much better in this game. Like i said i get that he has probably some minute restriction, but when we took him out in the third and fourth our offense literally disappeared.

2. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

I get it. These losses sting.

shvedsucks likes this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Clint does not make that mistake

Rocket River

amaru likes this.
  4. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

Oops haha we had players better to offer than sabonis and oladipo though. Everyone in the league considered Gordon better than oladipo at that time. Appears we just didn’t make an offer

5. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I'll remember this one when we're facing the Warriors in the second round.

Deuce, IvanLCPM, BasketMAD and 3 others like this.
  6. kevtse

kevtse Member

I do miss those pick n pop threes by ryno.

BasketMAD and farhen like this.
  7. HP3

HP3 Member

And without Paul? 2 years of mediocrity with Harden killing himself for a 7th or 8th seed. When he will be 32 years old you MIGHT have a chance at a decent player and by that time new super teams will form and we will be out of luck. If you dont have any viable alternatives than its pointless for you to argue it.

We didnt t have our full roster tonight. I dont know what you want. 2nd in offensive efficiceny, it is the defense and its not Paul's fault.

8. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

That was the play that lost us the game. It was just so easy in a crucial part of the game. I honestly believe a lot of our players just lose focus far too easily.

BasketMAD, Hakeemtheking and amaru like this.
  9. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

That's the only thing I can get on MDA on, he should've switched in Nene on that play, and I was shocked when he wasn't in. I get that Faried was on for O purposes but he should've been switched back out on that play.

amaru likes this.
  10. SemisolidSnake

I'll go ahead and answer my own mostly-rhetorical post with a non-rhetorical answer. It's because

1) The team has zero confidence in its ability to make a defensive stop (or an offensive rebound). They would actually rather run the clock down to an all-or-nothing single shot than try to score faster and take a chance on the defense or their rebounding. They're trying to subcontract the clock to do those jobs for them.

2) Both Harden and the rest of the team on the floor have zero confidence in anyone but Harden to score on possessions like that. Not even for someone to take the shot on a potential assist from Harden. (Note to Rockets: It doesn't have to be a three when you're down by one.) The other four don't want anything to do with it, and James knows it, and doesn't want anything to do with them. No dump offs to the center, no pass outs for a short, higher-percentage two, nothing. Everyone's in agreement that James should handle everything, do or die, on those possessions, and it's been that way for years.

It's trying to pass the buck all around and it reeks of missing testicles and failure.

shvedsucks likes this.
  11. amaru

amaru Member

Poor defensive read by Faried. He went up way too high trying to hedge that screen. Westbrook give him a simple crossover and he was gone.

12. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Morey breaks our small forward. He needs to get some good players back. He trade out Ennis why don't let him as bench player

13. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

My problem isn’t the missed shots, or that opponents make runs after getting down double digits. That stuff happens. What bothers me is the Rockets lose their edge after building these huge leads. Just look at the energy level coming out of halftime. Instead of continuing to play intense, disciplined basketball, they threw lazy passes, took lazy shots, and decided defense was optional as they allowed 42 points in the quarter.

#1373 DVauthrin, Feb 9, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    rockets94-95 likes this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

Honestly I feel like Chris should have handled it in that situation. I know it sounds crazy but that just wasnt a good shot from Harden.

Vivi likes this.
  15. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

I love this team but ******* it's so ****in pathetic sometimes

16. amaru

amaru Member

I doubt Nene makes that same mistake. He's more experienced...both in the NBA and with the Rockets.

Roomba likes this.
  17. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

We just have no variety to our game, it’s the same crap every time with same rotations. Doesn’t matter who’s hot or matchups, that’s the definition of a clueless coach

BasketMAD likes this.
  18. riko

riko Member

Excuse me?without Paul this team was the number 2 seed in the west and was coming off a 56 game wining season in 2017

shvedsucks likes this.
  19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Not the worst loss of the year. Just another in a long line of embarrassing chokes. Nothing new. Nothing changes. Just a terrible season.

mfastx, BasketMAD, dlite316 and 5 others like this.
  20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

He is a hustle guy