1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 2/9/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 7, 2019.

1. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

We are too obsessed with 3 pointers and all our games will be like roller coaster rides.

2. HP3

HP3 Member

What??? This momentum crap is nonsense. And how is it his fault Gerald had butter fingers.

3. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Sometime it needs to Hurt to get everyone to understand that they have got to play like a team thru scoring droughts. Its like when James is running down hill well he needs to attack the basket every time. But when the defense is setup the ball needs to move a little more earlier in the shot clock then once you get some momentum in the game well tear em up up in iso. This was the point Kobe was making about James in the playoffs the type of defense he will face

hakeem94, Stormy1234 and Roomba like this.
  4. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

If it were up to us he'd have it no question...but as of right now, I do agree with you. I see the Rockets being able to get into the top 3 at the end of the year though, either taking Denver or OKC's spot. If they make it there, I think people will find it very difficult to deny Harden's MVPness

I missed the first half and only got to see the 2nd half, so my mood went from excited, to anxious, to kind of shitty after watching that abomination. But I do think that as Shump learns our system (both sides) and Capela nears his return that the team will be pretty scary.

5. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

If Harden doesn't win it then it's a joke. It isn't his fault his team isn't great. He's got 29 games in a row of 30 points or more. He's probably got over 40 games of 30 points or more. He's got multiple 40 and 50 point games.

Say what you want about OKC, but they actually have a very good team overall. Their bench is much better than ours. Put Harden in their team and George in our team and he's not doing what Harden's doing. I'm sorry, he just isn't.

adw likes this.
  6. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The Rockets have to stop feeling comfortable when they have big leads. Instead of continuing to put their throat on an opponent, they start slacking off and let them start feeling good about themselves again. Soon enough, they have a dogfight on their hands, and it’s anyone’s game.

7. macan

macan Member

OKC is not a hate-able team for me. the loss does not feel as bad as those other ones

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Learn to close your mouth my friend! I wish you had a good lesson tonight.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Slam Dunk

Slam Dunk Contributing Member

I always feel better after a loss by reading and contributing to the inane comments from other fellow fans in the post game threads.

joshuaao and hakeem94 like this.
  10. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

PJ Tucker has scored a combined 28 points in the last 7 games.

Our starting PF is averaging 4 Points in the last 7 games.

Our second MPG Starting PF scored 0 points in a game we lost by 5.

bro2044 and everyday eddie like this.
  11. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden just lost the MVP tonight. I’m not saying that he deserves to lose, but this was a statement game for both teams and the fact that he led us to an embarrassing choke job will resonate with the sports press.

12. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

But tucker is the heart of this team, we couldn’t give him up and Gordon for PG, we need tucker lol

BigShasta likes this.
  13. Roxs-Redemption

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I would agree a little if not at home. This one hurt, for me at least.

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Mike wasn't perfect tonight, and i always complain about him not calling timeouts when he should etc, but this game is not on him, players shouldn't need to be motivated to come out strong in the second half in a game like this ffs.

But here we are, they thought the game was in the bank, James especially, he carries the team, if he comes out walking around and throwing dumb passes he drags the team down with him while giving the opponent energy and one more reason to think they can come back. Mike could've stop the game earlier in the third, but remains the fact that players come out in the worst possible way, almost disrespecting the other team, and they deservedly got their ass kicked.

One thing i would like though, is having Chris out there in the last 6/7 minutes, we got him back in there with 5 minutes left, but in those two/three minutes he went out we couldn't make anything happen, and it was pretty clear we were doing better in this game with him on the floor...i get he has probably some minute restriction but maybe take him out early to have him out there as soon as possbile when the game is on the line.

IvanLCPM, everyday eddie and YallMean like this.
  16. rockets13champs

April 9th write it down that game will be the game for the 3 seed. We may be 4 games back but we have 2 months to go. Well make up those 4 games and the last game of the season will be for the tiebreaker and 3 seed.

BigShasta likes this.
  17. rockets13champs

PG was traded to OKC before we got Tucker

shvedsucks likes this.
  18. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

I think having Clint Capela would have helped. I'll humbly defer to the experts, though.

19. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

FCK!!!! That is all...FFFFFFFCKKKKKK

bro2044, TheRealAllpro and Roomba like this.
  20. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I hope so [KODAK BLACK VOICE]