1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Speculation Fuel

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HOOP-T, Apr 30, 2001.

Tags:
  1. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

I am not exactly clear on what this all means.

------------------
    HEAD KNIGHT:
    We are now... no longer the Knights Who Say 'Ni'.
    KNIGHTS OF NI:
    Ni! Shh!
    HEAD KNIGHT:
    Shh! We are now the Knights Who Say 'Ecky- ecky- ecky- ecky- pikang- zoop- boing- goodem- zoo- owli- zhiv'.

2. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Dream for Eddie House and a First Round Pick? [​IMG]

------------------
    President of the Steve Francis, Jamal Crawford,Larry Hughes, and Charles Woodson fan club.

3. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Hoop T,

here's a hypothetical example ,that doesn't even work on realgm, of what i mean:

Big County (Overpaid player) + Micheal Dickerson (good young talent)+ Future Rockets pick for #18 (Draft Vanc needs), Walt, and Cato (BC is so over paid ,Cato's contract is chump change).

This would bring in a young player under rookie scale to add to the nucleus without the risk of him being a bust. The other team would get cap relief. In the case above, it would be a year delayed while walt plays out his last year.

Since the rockets will max out on cap this year anyways, a big two-three year cap hoard won't hurt the Rockets. Les might not like it though.

------------------

4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I've seen a lot of specualtion in the past were the rockets send overpaid player to team with cap space, but I haven't see this in revese this year when the roles are reversed.

Getting a good young player and an overpaid player may make economic since this year. There are many players under the rookie scale that are worth more than their contract. This way the rockets could turn draft picks into a proven young player.

Guys that teams want to get rid of off the top of my head are Big Country, Olowokandi, Cato,

I guess the portland post might have speculation like this, but Portland has nothing but cancers left.

------------------