1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Francis suspended one game for missed flight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by morganmanor, Feb 2, 2004.

1. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Now that's just great, you even discovered JVG's secret dirty conspiracy, to "intentionally designed to make SF look bad in public at the cost of the team and a W". Why is the punishment for undisciplined act so outrageous for some posters here? What if it happened to Boki? Would that still be such a big fuss? Yeah, SF is special, the precious one in the Rockets, he can just do whatever pleases him, to hell with the couch, teammates, team, and the fans. He made a mistake, intentionally, and he has to pay for it. That's the bottom line. It doesn't matter who he is, what reason he turned his back on the team, how "innocent" his intention was, how bad will the team look without our super star player, an example has to be made, to prevent future violation. Nowadays, the super egos of those young "super stars" are just not big enough, that they still need us to protect and extend them, right? That's just great. I really prefer to watch Hockey, coz there are far less super cocky so-called stars in the games. Coz even the best offensive players in the league only play about 30 mins among 60 mins games. They are more rational to understand what team sport is.

2. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

How do you KNOW JVG is not lying.... :rolleyes:

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I really don't see the point of calling our own coach that.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The only thing I know around here is that you are a Steve Francis apologist.

DD

5. Juugie

Juugie Member

You're the first person to say Jabbar couldn't handle physical play and like to shot outside.

All of those 37,000 points he has were from the paint.

And until Yao actually does something in the NBA, you can't compare them.

Jabbar is also the second leading shot blocker in NBA history.

6. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Not so, I stated he did a wrong. The situation in which he did the wrong was not necessary. That was wrong. The chosen progressive discipline metered out by the situation creator was wrong. There was another motive: start MJ to show SF wasn't needed - very wrong = loss. Now another, go out and crawfish on all that's happened like a little weasel - wrong. No support from upper management = our weasel really botched this up.

SF was wrong, he chose to do something and weighed the consequences. In a few weeks no one other than us will even care....

7. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Nobody says Yao Ming is as great as Jabbar. According to your standard, he's a total failure then, right? Well, in that case, every single player in NBA today is a total failure.

8. buddry

buddry Member

The only thing I know is you are a Francis hater and will continually spam the boards with nonsense until you are confident that everybody agrees with you.

9. DaDakota

I don't hate Francis, I want him to be a good team player. I loved the deal to get him.

I saw the huge upside, but as time wore on it became clearly apparent that he is not a team player, or is capable of leading a team.

It became obvious that he says one thing and does another.

I grew weary of his me first attitude.

No, I do not hate Steve Francis, I just want him off my team...he is a loser as a NBA player, and I want WINNERS on my team.

DD

10. DaDakota

Jabbar did not bang, he played a finesse game as a center...and he played it well.

His main shot was the sky hook.

I think his game compares the most favorable to Yaos.

DD

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You are right. And I assume that if Dallas or Sacramento offered to swap all their players with ours, you'd refuse. :rolleyes:

12. Juugie

Juugie Member

Wang Zhi Zhi beat Yao like a million times in a row for the championship. But that doesn't make him someone you can build around.

13. Buck Turgidson

"The hell I don't! LISTEN, KID! I've been hearing that crap ever since I was at UCLA. I'm out there busting my buns every night. Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes!"

14. Charvo

Charvo Member

I agree with Juugie that Yao is not the guy you build a franchise around just like Brad Miller is not good enough to build a franchise around. The Rockets should build the franchise around playing a certain style that wins. Van Gundy's idea of winning is to play great defense and play ball-control possession offense in which high percentage offensive plays are utilized more often and preventing turnovers. He has said that Bill Parcells is his favorite NFL coach. That is Bill Parcell's gameplan for winning too. I think that is definitely a winning gameplan especially with a lower budget. There is no way in hell that Les Alexander is going to spend the money the Maloofs and Mark Cuban are spending. With that being said, the guy who makes the most money is Steve Francis. His style of play of no defense, freelancing offense is in direct conflict with Van Gundy's style of play.

Although, I don't think Yao should be a centerpiece of this team to build around. Can anyone really build a championship team around a guy who consistently gets schooled by the better point guards in the Western Conference? Mike Bibby and Steve Nash are going to stay around for a long time, and these guys are almost always kicking Steve's ass on the court. When did Michael Jordan ever let the opposing shooting guard put up better numbers than him? Maybe Clyde Drexler put up better numbers than MJ once out of every 5 meetings. Steve Francis can't even contain his counterpart. What's so good about scoring 20 points if you are going to allow your counterpart on the court to score 25 points? I don't even have to bring up the two meetings by Raul Lopez who is very young. He is going to be in the Midwest Division a long time too. Stevie puts up points but he lets his guy put up some serious numbers. That's not a guy I build around.

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Gilbert Arenas was just activated two weeks prior to when the team wanted him back (although Arenas has said he wants to play now).

Trade?

Just throwing it out there.

16. farhan007

farhan007 Member

im sure you said that to all the people who called steve the same or even worse.

17. farhan007

farhan007 Member

a bit contridicting??? Its okay to admit you hate him.

18. RocketGuy3

RocketGuy3 Member

A million times!?!?!? Jeez, I know that's a hyperbole, but really, it couldn't have been very many. How young was Yao when he first started freaking playing in the CBA??? :eek: