1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Francis suspended one game for missed flight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by morganmanor, Feb 2, 2004.

1. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

conratulations shanghai, this is an excellent example of a logical fallacy!

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Just because people attended the event does not mean they all agree that Steve should miss a team flight.

Francis has proven time and time again that he is a "me first" player and those do not win in the NBA...especially short ones who rely on athletic ability, as that soon fades......

Francis should be traded and build the team around Yao.

DD

3. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Only in your eyes. It's masterful, silence is deadly.... Let the real cause continue to crawfish with his incredible and insincere statements.... :rolleyes:

If the silence bothers you, where are the big statements from CD and Les?

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

They are not the ones who should apologize to the rest of the team and to the fans.

5. DaDakota

What should CD and Les say?

That they are dissappointed in the spoiled brat of a player they gave millions too?

That they are mad at the player that they invested the teams future in, even when it was unsure if his headaches would ever go away?

Or how about that Francis has failed to grow ONE FRICKEN IOTA as a player in 5 years?

DD

6. Juugie

Juugie Member

I don't think JVG is doing anything positive by this. We lost a game, and if his desire is to trade Steve, you don't lower his trade value.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Steve wants/demands a trade. He could go somewhere where the fans are actually glad to have him and appreciate him, and the Rockets can continue to hope and pray that Yao Ming morphs into Kareem Abdul Jabbar. Kind of reminds me of fans in Toronto that swear they would be championship contenders if they could ever trade Vince Carter.

I don't think it's the right thing for the team but I'll alway be a Rockets' fan - no matter who's on the team.

7. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Since when are NBA players supposed to not be egotistical?

Give up the NBA if that bothers you and concentrate on high school ball.

This whole scenario is a badly acted play. A comedy of errors exquisitely executed by a bunch of overpaid clowns. Let's get a bunch of yes men to play for JVG. We'll have a team of yes men choir boys going up against the the NBA. Good luck....

8. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Where is the love and support from them for ******* JVG?

9. DaDakota

LOL,

He has not hurt his trade value one bit. Believe me people around the league understand what is going on, and a lot of folks would like to have Francis.

Good....let him go....he is going nowhere but down.....he does not have the smarts to take that next step.

What you have seen from Steve is what you get....and nothing more.......it is not enough.

Trade him and surround Yao with players who know the team game, and how to pass the ball, and play defense.

Watch the team start winning consistently then.

DD

10. DaDakota

You mean like Dallas, or Sacremento?

DD

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I'm going to ask this again, since we are all, including myself, inclined to believe managment over Steve.

Did anyone see Steve at the game? And I don't mean us watching on television.

12. Juugie

Juugie Member

Yao has proven time and time again that he is not the kind of guy you build a contending team around.

You think Yao is having it trouble with physical defense and double teams now. What the hell is he going to do in the playoffs. You think he's begging for fouls now, what the hell is he going to do in the playoffs?

I'm sorry but building a playoff contender around a center that over his career in the NBA, CBA, and olympics has shown that he much prefers to play outside, doesn't like contact, and can't handle physical, aggresive defense is not going to get you far at all.

13. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Yea. like Webber, the choir boy.... :p

14. buddry

buddry Member

He doesn't need to apologize to us, only to his teammates.

15. Juugie

Juugie Member

And how many championships do they have between them?

16. DaDakota

You mean like Jabbar?

DD

17. Juugie

Juugie Member

Actually, SF and CM have as many rings as Dallas and Sacramento.

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

What about those Rockets fans in Phoenix that bought tickets for the game hoping to see Francis help beat Phoenix?

Also, those lies made up by his agent should not be allowed to stand.

19. DaDakota

Well, at least they are in the playoffs, something that Steve has failed to deliver for the last 4 years while the team was built around him.

Steve is a CANCER, a blight on this team.....trade him and his selfish me first attitude and get some good soldiers in here that know how to play the team game.

I have seen enough....bye bye Steve, take that sorry no pass game of yours to someone elses team.

Destroy someone elses team for a change.

DD

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

What about playoff appearances?

And since you criticized Yao for his attitude...he won the championship with his team in China after an adjustment period, as well as the Asian Games.

What has Francis won so far with his team?