1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Worst Super Bowl of all time?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Feb 4, 2019.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

GRENDEL likes this.
  2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Watched Office reruns. Who won?

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Game wasn't exciting, but I didn't think it was that boring, especially since it wasn't decided until the end. I'd rather have this than a 40-something-to-8 snoozefest we had a few years ago with the Seahawks and Broncos. Yeah, a 52-49 final score would've been more fun to watch, but it wasn't that horrific.

Now the commercials? Most of those were boring.

4. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i think there were more than a few suspect calls in the pats chiefs game

5. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I detest the Patriots but after the first half I put $50 on them to outscore the Rams in the 2nd and made $40.

I am in the camp thinking it was a boring game. So many punts. So few points. Besides that, there weren’t really any moments in the game worth mentioning. No huge plays or controversial calls. Neither QB played well. Nothing I will be able to point back to in a few years.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

Jack White
    Foo Fighters
    Black Keys
    etc...
    should play all halftimes. Or Clay Walker.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

It was a classic defensive struggle... Both defs were actually playing as bad as the offenses.

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You're not going to remember that record-breaking 65-yard punt?

This was just spectacular. In fairness to other punters, he did have a lot of practice punts before this one, to get in the groove.

bobloblaw likes this.
  9. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

With a 25 yard roll. That punt is up there with Jason McCourty’s defense of Cooks in the end zone.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

watched the english patient instead. who won?

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

What is a popular rock band right now? Is there any? "Rock" is about as popular as Jazz atm

12. mikus

mikus Member

And just for reference, this is the song that would have been played. Someone edited a video together with the Spongebob audio.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

14. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Just saying.....

15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The only way a Super Bowl will ever be exciting for me is if we are in it so I can actually be excited and on the edge of my seat.

Second choice would be if the Cowgirls were in it so I could actually be excited rooting against them, no matter who they play.. Nobody else brings any excitement to me as to who wins. That game was just plain blah.

VanityHalfBlack and DFWRocket like this.
  16. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

I still think Gostkowski should've gotten the MVP. He scored three times and 55% of his teams points. Heck he had 45% of the total points in the game.

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I'm glad the game had low(er) ratings. Someone or something needs to knock the NFL off it's pedestal. It's totally over-exposed. I mean, there are 3 (sometimes 4 if you include the London game) games on Sundays, 2 games on Monday, and now a game on Thursday. That's too much. The product is being watered down IMO.

And halftime....that was horrible. I don't mind the pop acts, but at least make them interesting with a few surprises. This year was:
    1. Maroon 5 sings a song
    2. Travis Scott curses for 2 minutes
    3. Maroon 5 sings another song
    4. Big Boi sings a song
    5. Maroon 5 sings another song
    6. Show over
    I'd like to see Rage Against the Machine play next year's halftime. What could possibly go wrong?

BigM likes this.
  18. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Of all the ones I've watched this is the worst. It checks all the boxes for bad.

2 teams I can't get behind (the patriots and any team from Los Angeles). Usually I find myself rooting for one team, I sometimes don't even know which one until the game starts. At no point did I give a single f**k.

"Defensive games" are trash, punting is not fun to watch. The ideal football score is 21-17 give or take. Nobody getting a stop is lame, but nobody ever scoring is lamer.

Commericals sucked, and Maroon 5 is garbage. I would rather they bring back one of the geriatrics than this crap.

Absolute trash all the way around. The fact that I had to sit through the whole thing sober certainly didn't help matters.

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Holy **** you’re right. All my music is from like 10 years ago at least

20. SuraGotMadHops

Most boring one I can remember. I recall Giants/Ravens from 2001 was pretty bad (Kerry Collins vs. Trent Dilfer!), but this one was much much worse.

RocketWalta and deb4rockets like this.