1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(David Locke) Rockets about to make multiple trades

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Regarding your trades, because that’s what’s relevant to this discussion...I’m pretty sure we traded our starters for “backups” every time you’ve mentioned. From what I remember all 3 guys we got back had at least some form of contract dispute with the former teams. Harden was Martin, Lamb and picks...a starter, a decent pick and more picks. Rafer for Lowry, Rafer was definitely still starting. Dragic was for Aaron Brooks? I believe more than a few folks lamented that one to begin with. My point is, we were trading starters not 3rd string depth, nor an extremely wise veteran, nor the disabled.

Am I imagining all the reports this year they’ve been made trying to use Chriss, Knight, Melo, nene, 4 1st round picks? And now finally, our very own 6th man who is dealing with issues...who it seems isn’t drawing much interest, at least not enough to shake on.

I’ve heaped enough praise on morey and this team in general. My anti- take isn’t even damning. Brolaal I’ve got my picture of 7 year old me high fiving Murph during the parade if you need to see it. Been watching the game for a minute. Enough to know guys like Harden don’t come through very often, enough to know that you can’t count on health to win. Didn’t we take that pill last year?

2. Fantasma Negro

Nothing is going to happen. Morey is readying his excuses. On Thursday he's going to pat himself of the back for Rivers and Faried, give an update on Clint and talk about the flexibility he maintained for the summer, dude has lost his juice

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

You'd be willing to part with a 1st to get a backup PG who'll be a UFA this summer?

I know we have to give up something to get rid of Knight's contract, but Rubio's not going to re-sign this summer to be a backup to CP3. Plus he's such a mediocre shooter that it's hard to imagine him fitting in very well in this system*.

* Unless you're Holic, in which case it's wet-dream inducing.

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Lol if we're already attaching a 1st in order to rid ourselves of Rubio, I'd rather see that we get a serviceable player in return than just an expiring contract, a heavily protected 2nd, etc. Rubio isn't a shooter and I don't think anyone can argue that he is but he's not bad as a back up for Paul if/when he goes down. I mean...he should be able to give us better production than MCW or Knight right?

topfive likes this.
  6. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

It's sad that this picture will most likely define the Harden-Tilman era.

7. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Rockets about to make multiple moves to save Tilman money :oops:

Corrosion likes this.
  8. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

after all these names mentioned I expect old and washed targets after the deadline..ala Jason Smith, etc etc

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

WHAATTTT!!!! People complain about CP3's contract and you think we can rehabilitate Wall AND TRADE HIM. No, just no. The Lakers don't even want him. Do you think it is some coincidence that the Wizards play better without him? Wall is an inefficient high usage player. That is death in today's NBA. For all of his manufactured assists the team doesn't move the ball around and the offense is stagnant waiting on him deep in the clock to make a play ala Westbrick the past several seasons. Not to mention he is always hurt. Where do you think all of the friction in the cesspool comes from anyway? Do you think Beal, Porter, Ariza, Mahinmi or anyone else other than Wall is the problem? The worst contract in the NBA above Parsons who is expiring next year. Stick to the Rubio fantasy.

10. bongman

bongman Member

LOL!!

topfive likes this.
  11. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

I get tired of hearing all these negative comments... We have one of the better GMs in the league and he is aggressive at always making the team better. What people fail to realize that it ALWAYS takes two to tango. If another team dosnt want to get a deal done with us, then it dosnt get done. I think Morey has a good approach in playing aggressive in the trade market but knows that some deals would hurt more in the long run than help. Some chances that he has taken, dont always work out but we cannot expect him to bat 1.000. Also, I'm sure Morey has gained a reputation around the league that he has won more trades than he has lost. I think we can take that into account in some of these trade discussions with other teams...

Smacktle, BigMaloe, coyotetex and 4 others like this.
  12. amaru

amaru Member

Not the greatest trade to be sure, but it'd open up the cap space.

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

We almost always make multiple trades. Not exactly going out on a limb, this guy.

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

The Rockets will do nothing relevant. Time for a new GM. Morey is wasting Hardens prime.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

The lack of Otto Porter in Houston has made @steddinotayto delirious.

16. BigBum

BigBum Member

I also feel it. He would do it earlier if he can.
    Scary thing is that he continues to keep Knight and Chriss contracts in the office. In July, he still resists to use full-MLE.

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'm starting to think BigBum is Tilman

#397 Vivi, Feb 4, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    topfive and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  18. valorita

valorita Member

Its the masses being the masses.
    Relax, we are only in this narrative of “not wasting Harden’s prime”
    BECAUSE Morey got Harden.
    That move alone gives him about a 5year carte blanche leash

topfive likes this.
  19. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

God i hate this forum sometimes... well some of the people in here.... my GOD!

20. LilUziSquirt

LilUziSquirt Member

Why is BasketballHolic not banned? Posts fake **** all the time and claims to have sources within the Rockets yet has never been right about a single thing.

Smacktle and swoosh1014 like this.