1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Olajuwon article - he will return (somewhere)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JayZ750, Apr 27, 2001.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

http://cbs.sportsline.com/u/ce/multi/0,1329,3830371_54,00.html

Agent says Olajuwon's career will continue
    April 26, 2001
    SportsLine.com wire reports

HOUSTON -- Hakeem Olajuwon's new agent says there is no doubt Olajuwon's NBA career will continue, perhaps even with Houston Rockets.

Olajuwon's $16.5 million contract with Houston expired at the end of the season, making him a free agent.

``He wants to play another couple of years and if things work out he'll be a Rocket when he retires,'' agent Dan Fegan told KRIV-TV on Wednesday.

``I believe there's enough good will on both sides built up over a great career, a great tradition of basketball in Houston that we're going to really have to sit down and listen to what the Rockets have to say before we do anything,'' Fegan said.

Talks with the Rockets, and other teams who might be interested in Olajuwon, won't begin until July 1, Fegan said.

AP NEWS
    The Associated Press News Service

------------------
    I hope, when they die, cartoon characters have to answer for their sins.

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Well- I noticed that was already posted, with no response. Here is a related article concerning his hiring of Fegan

http://espn.go.com/nba/news/2001/0425/1186692.html

HOUSTON – Hakeem Olajuwon has hired a top NBA agent to help him check the marketplace as he enters free agency for the first time.

Dan Fegan says there's still a market for Olajuwon in the NBA and there's no doubt he'll be playing somewhere next season.

But, Fegan says, there will be no talks with the Rockets or anyone else until July 1.

Olajuwon's five-year contract with Houston expired after this season.

The 7-foot center, who came out of the University of Houston in 1984, averaged 11.9 points in 58 games this season.

Just out of curiosity, who was Olajuwon's last agent, and why did he get a new one.

------------------
    I hope, when they die, cartoon characters have to answer for their sins.

3. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Must be a slow news day...

------------------
    I'm about to boldly go where many men have gone before.

4. Q8 Rocket

Q8 Rocket Member

uh ...damn it , we have to wait all this long summer to know if the dream will stay or not !

------------------
    the biggest houston Rockets fan in Q8