1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2018-19

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Rocketman03

Rocketman03 Member

Green's career average is in ppt 13 this year is 11.5 so he's been pretty consistent most of his career. He's 35% from 3 this year. Career 33%. Solid role player in my opinion. He also played with Harden in OKC. So there's some history...

saleem likes this.
  2. Rocketman03

Rocketman03 Member

Green's career average is in ppt 13 this year is 11.5 so he's been pretty consistent most of his career. He's 35% from 3 this year. Career 33%. Solid role player in my opinion. He also played with Harden in OKC. So there's some history...

D-rock likes this.
  3. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

HOU trades Knight & multiple 2nd round picks & remaining cash and receives Jam Green & Temple.

4. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Memphis says no

It would have to be a three team trade

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

I think since the Rockets turned down the chance to pick up that option, it's now no longer part of his contract and is therefore off the table. Chriss is officially an expiring contract and will be a UFA this summer.

zcarenow likes this.
  6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Probably takes a protected first and a second for that to work but that's the kind of move we need to make.

I like Jamychal Green, Richaun Holmes and Bobby Portis as options to fill in for Capela and eventually help solidify the 4/5 rotation with Faried, Capela, Tucker.

I like Otto Porter (pipe dream), Kelly Oubre, Justise Winslow, and Jaylen Brown (pipe dream) as options to solidify what we are missing from the loss of Ariza. Any of these guys would be a big part of the future of this team and would be perfect running mates with Harden throughout the remainder of his prime.

I think with 1 of each players in either category (obviously Morey has a list of hundreds of options in both, many we have no idea how good they are) we are going to really be a threat to the warriors. We will be switching better than ever. Each player has the ability to bring stuff to the table that our current options cannot do.

I think Prince/Dedmon is a neat option in this regard too but I don't think either guy are quite as good as the guys listed above and I really don't think Bazemore warrants his hype due to his lack of length and spotty shooting this season.

It's also possible that Eric is outgoing in some of these deals for wings so we would need to look at options to provide some punch of the bench. Rozier might be a good option but he's going to be a very tough guy to resign and would take a lot to acquire.

ilias likes this.
  7. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Houston IN: Temple, Jamychal Green
    Houston OUT: Knight, FRP

Memphis IN: Dedmon, Prince
    Memphis OUT: Temple, Green

Atlanta IN: Knight, FRP
    Atlanta OUT: Dedmon, Prince

Memphis don’t care about losing Temple, not sure what plans they have for Green in the summer but they’d welcome youth with Prince and kick the bucket with Dedmon.

Houston could hope for the best (Ariza like) with Temple and Green could be better than what we’re hoping with Faried.

Atlanta doesn’t care what it’s losing, just not sure a first round pick is all worth taking Knight. They’d probably say yes if we also included House.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

#1208 saleem, Jan 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I like some of the names we are throwing around. We'll see which teams are actually sellers by the trade deadline and just what they want to sell, though.

Too many teams chirping, "The playoffs......we can make it! We can make it!"

saleem likes this.
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Other people already said this here and in other threads, but at this point i'd rather improve the team by moving the little contracts we have (Chriss, Nene, Ennis) instead of Knight since that would cost us much more, just wait 4 months and he's going to be expiring and maybe somehow useful in trade talks.

If we can grab a good 3 with potential (Oubre, Prince) by moving Chriss and either a reliable big or a pg by moving Nene and/or Ennis (at least assuming House will be back) we'll be fine, and there's still the buyout market to consider.

DM'sVP and saleem like this.
  11. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I think the Rockets are pretty set at guard with CP3, Harden, Gordon, and Rivers. Green could also log some minutes at the 2. So, I would look at the buyout market for a third true PG. They could cut Knight and Bazemore out of the trade I proposed earlier and do the below instead.

ATL IN: Chriss, Nene, Ennis and Hou’s 2019 first
    HOU IN: Prince and Dedmon

This would leave two open roster spots. One for a buyout PG and one for House. I am also starting to wonder if they could play Dedmon and Faried together. Dedmon can shoot the three and Faried is trying to.

Huncho Bean, BaselineFade and Vivi like this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, i'm not sure one 1st rounder gets that done, maybe it does, maybe not, but i agree with your point, Harden, Paul, Rivers and Gordon should be enough if we can get some insurrance at low cost in the buyout market, Capela, Nene and Faried on the other hand...it sucks cause Nene is perfect, but we can't trust him at this point, and in some matchups i feel like Faried will be unplayable so, yeah, getting someone like Dedmon should help more, and he would come with early bird rights, which would give us a good chance to resign him without using the MLE.

Mathloom and DM'sVP like this.
  13. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I agree on the 2019 pick might not being enough but I think that is the only frp the Rockets will be willing to give up.

Vivi likes this.
  14. saleem

If House replaces Ennis plus Hart and a 2nd rounder in the deal above, then the chances of sealing it may be better.

Mathloom likes this.
  15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Christ Almighty, if (when?) the trade deadline passes and Knight is still on the roster, Ryan Anderson and Joakim Noah can duke it out over most horrific contract ever, with a tough of Timofey Mozgov thrown in for good measure.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  16. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

@Clutch Would this thread eliminate unnecessary threads for individual trades if it were stickied? Was shocked it wasn’t even on the first page with the deadline approaching.

Quick question for some:

Would you want Ariza back if it meant giving up House and a first round pick but also unloading Knight’s contract? Keep in mind Ariza may still want to leave again this upcoming summer and we certainly can’t fit both Ariza and any other player with the MLE.

There is no way Washington would take back Knight but I do think Atlanta would (they may be the only team willing) and a three team trade wouldn’t be too far fetched as long as we leave Washington with the ability to still compete.
    Something like:
    Knight and House and a second round pick to Atlanta.
    Prince Dedmon and FRP to Washington.
    Ariza to Houston

EDIT: hmmm. Main issue I see with it is Atlanta wanting the pick to go their way, but then doubt Washington wouldn’t want to downgrade Ariza to Prince and hurt their season. Would Washington want House over Ariza? And Atlanta get pick?

17. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

Rockets Trade:
    Knight
    Nene
    Chris
    Ennis
    1 1st round pick 1 2nd round pick

Trevor Ariza and Markief Morris

Capela/Morris
    Tucker/Faried
    Ariza/House
    Harden/Gordon
    Paul/Rivers

18. ilias

ilias Member

Reggie Bullock makes a lot of sense. Fits the 3&D need, has good size to play the SF, and is an easy contract to trade. I had suggested a Blake trade earlier in this thread. Below is a variation of that, adding Reggie:

HOU gets: Griffin, Galloway, Bullock, Pachulia
    DET gets: Gordon, Knight, Chriss, Nene, 3 firsts, 3 seconds (1 first for Knight's contract, 2 firsts plus Gordon for Blake, 3 seconds for Galloway and Bullock)

Starters: Paul, Harden, PJ, Griffin, Capela
    Bench: Rivers, Galloway, Bullock, Ennis, Faried

Griffin has become a good 3pt shooter. He could push us over GSW. The team becomes bigger and longer which we really need against the Warriors. We are also improving our outside shooting.

Galloway replaces Gordon's bench scoring. With Blake in the team, our need for bench scoring and playmaking is reduced, so the downgrade from Gordon to Galloway won't hurt as much.

The Zaza-Nene swap is there for salary matching purposes. It will also be the first time in history that two players whose name is one syllable repeated twice, will be traded for each other.

19. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

No on Morris, neck.

D-rock and saleem like this.
  20. saleem

Yes, no doubt about this. Do you think that some teams have started to tank though? If yes, then which ones.